BD organization in jeopardy

In all seriousness, I'd hate to have to close a thread like this b/c it degrades into where it's going.

Please stop, and move back to the topic at hand.

</moderator>

Personally - I say, do what you can to save the operation. maybe people will get out and let the city council know how they feel

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In all seriousness, I'd hate to have to close a thread like this b/c it degrades into where it's going.

Please stop, and move back to the topic at hand.

</moderator>

Personally - I say, do what you can to save the operation. maybe people will get out and let the city council know how they feel

I agree. We'll see what happens with this. Always something important going on with the state of bingo.

Quote: "We need EVERY person that is in the Concord area to show up in person wearing your favorite Blue Devil Shirt and hat at the meeting:..."

I wonder how he'd feel if as many people showed up for the board meeting in July. Do you think he'd agree to open the meeting to the public?

I doubt it.

Seems to me that things get done in his world by working behind the scenes making deals.

Sound eerily similar to the two capitalists making a deal to hijack bingo out from under BD.

Sorry, Mr. Gibbs, no sympathy from this quarter.

That's how business works, especially here in D.C...

I agree. We'll see what happens with this. Always something important going on with the state of bingo.

can system blue cover their finances?

garfield, you are free to hate bd as much as you want.

I was just pointing out a fact. Good luck to Crown dealing with this type of hate.

Lance, I'm perfectly capable of speaking for myself and I don't need you to do it for me.

I never said that I hate BD, thank you.

I said Gibbs, as architect of the G7 proposal and this letter of appeal, has a lot of gall.

Again, I ask: Is anything I said UNTRUE?

Sometimes it's like walking on eggshells.

Whatever happens, I wish them the best of luck. Don't wanna see ANYONE'S fundraising endeavors crashed.

I have the solution:

BD organization on jeopardy.

Hahaha! That would be great. On a side note, some of the most intelligent people I know are current BD members, two of them starting their undergraduate studies at Princeton University next year. Hmmm...solution?

As for the issue at hand, I've e-mailed the city council and made a few calls. I regret not being able to be there on Tuesday, but my best wishes go out to the outstanding BD organization.