BD organization in jeopardy

It's like that one time when I was little. My friend stole my He-Man, so I decided to kick my sister.

Remember that if it comes time for her to help decide if you should be taken off life support. :smile:

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All I believe is that the City Council should make a decision based on what they are elected to do: decide what is best for their city.

The message that BD is giving (or, that I am getting from them) is that "we are more important than everyone else and we deserve to be protected."

If that is not the vibe they intend to give off, perhaps they should reconsider their actions.

So the governing body of Concord has the reponsibility to do what is right for them, but BD"s board does not have the same right?

This myth about not ending sentences in prepositions in English comes from Latin, which has specific case ending for nouns that are the objects of prepositions. Such case endings don't exist for nouns in English usage.

Simply put, in English, ending a sentence with a preposition is perfectly fine as long as the object noun of the preposition is clear.

What was I thinking of?

BD is close to the Silicon Valley. There must be many ex members who are now Silicon Valley Millionaires.

I believe the future of the drum corps is tapping the financial resources of past members.

The entire bingo stuff is past. It is now to tap into the moneyed ex members who care about the future of drum corps.

So the governing body of Concord has the reponsibility to do what is right for them, but BD"s board does not have the same right?

I have already acknowledged that BD should obviously be fighting this if they want to keep their bingo as the only option in the city. It is their responsibility to do what is in their own best interest.

Don't you think it's funny though that Gibbs wants to take money from the other corps, but when someone else comes to take his money, he gets all sadfaced and claims that it isn't fair?

And for their stand on the G7 proposal, the organization should be punished by the city?

I'm not understanding why you appear to feel that the corps administration's G7 stance should have the consequence of Concord allowing in a seemingly for-profit bingo operation that could seriously impact one of DCI's corps.

But maybe that's just me.

It's not the situation itself, per say. It's turning around and asking the drum corps community for help supporting a large portion of their financial income after taking a stance which takes money from...well, the rest of drum corps. There is nothing wrong with attempting to maintain their primary fundraiser...There is something wrong with taking a stance like they did and then turning around and asking for similar support. I hope that makes sense...Kind of hard to explain!

It's hard to dig up sympathy for an organization losing money when said organization had no problem with depriving other drum corps of money. Karma.

I agree. The want what they want to stay financially viable so they can stay on top. I do not want to see this happen to them or any corps, but taking from the other corps to help feed the "elite" of drum corps is not how we help the youth in drum corps.

Very ironic. Best of luck to BD and DCI.

If you are capable of a basic internet search, you will find that many corps still run bingo programs as a part of their fundraising...

ok, so a few corps still have bingo. I concede that point.

The larger point, that many corps operate without a bingo program, is still sound.

It's not the situation itself, per say. It's turning around and asking the drum corps community for help supporting a large portion of their financial income after taking a stance which takes money from...well, the rest of drum corps. There is nothing wrong with attempting to maintain their primary fundraiser...There is something wrong with taking a stance like they did and then turning around and asking for similar support. I hope that makes sense...Kind of hard to explain!

It is hard to explain. But if someone does something bad to me and I see them standing in the middle of a railroad not seeing a train bear down on them, I'm at least going to hope they don't get run over, and I'll even shout out, "Hey, there's a train coming. Move!"

Okay...bad analogy. But it's late and I need to go to bed.

Goodnight, Gracie.