Body Movements

Alright, this question isn't necessarily for the DCI activity, but I'll ask it anyway.

Body movements have become pretty common in DCI/Bands these days, and I'm looking for ideas for some unique body movement.

I'm somewhat helping a HS drum line...and the movement were looking for lasts for somewhere around 14 measures (4/4 time).

I know this is probably an immature question for DCP...but I wanted some input anyway. At least a link to some videos that could help me...

find a friend (or if you have some) with some dci dvds and watch 'em - you'll get PLENTY of ideas that way

I wasn't trying to kill your thread - it was a legit suggestion. (I find body movements hard to explain, but easy to understand when you see).

if you'd really like your thread closed, please send a message requesting so - but, I think you might get some good response! :)

What tempo are you working with? What's happening musically during (or around) this segment? Is this for a winter drumline show, or for a full marching band program? (If the latter, check in with the color guard as it may be very effective to integrate with them)

What tempo are you working with? What's happening musically during (or around) this segment? Is this for a winter drumline show, or for a full marching band program? (If the latter, check in with the color guard as it may be very effective to integrate with them)

It's a Billy Joel show. The song is Air (Dublinesque). Not sure of the tempo, but the drum solo follows the long resting period. And it's full marching band

And I forgot to add that there is no playing during this period...so it opens the door for some creativity and special moves.

They call that "Dance Team"

:smile: