The Loveland Shack

Was really hoping BK could stay ahead of SCV, but oh well! Just love the exciting battle! And to think, BK is only three points behind the Cadets! When was the last time they were that close to a corps like the Cadets!!?!?

What I find very interesting though is the Glassmen's score. I think most would agree they are the corps sitting in 12th place overall and with the spread only two points between them and two that have been sitting in the 14th-15th range, it ought to be very interesting when Academy, Spirit and Crossmen join in.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow this is getting really interesting. Colts and Troopers neck and neck AGAIN, and closing the gap big on Glassmen, can they hold on to that and force a fight for 12th place which is where Glassmen appear to be at the moment??? SCV and BK still battling it out! Loving all this drama! :tongue:

Well, I finally saw the Blue Knights last night and wow and wow. Invesco tonight. Sat next to a guy who's been involved with drum corps for a very long time. Great to chat with. Gorgeous night after a torrential late afternoon show of her own. I don't consider my self any way knowledgeable enough to write a review, but I can tell you this...The Troopers seem to be marching a show that can't decide what it want to be, and I missed the old uniforms, some nice moments. SCV...I love this corps, but the Bartok is difficult to love. That said, they did a great job. The Cadets show is so great. Just so great. Can't wait for the east-west matchup tonight. And my Knights? Mom bias raging here...wow and wow again!

Well, I finally saw the Blue Knights last night and wow and wow. Invesco tonight. Sat next to a guy who's been involved with drum corps for a very long time. Great to chat with. Gorgeous night after a torrential late afternoon show of her own. I don't consider my self any way knowledgeable enough to write a review, but I can tell you this...The Troopers seem to be marching a show that can't decide what it want to be, and I missed the old uniforms, some nice moments. SCV...I love this corps, but the Bartok is difficult to love. That said, they did a great job. The Cadets show is so great. Just so great. Can't wait for the east-west matchup tonight. And my Knights? Mom bias raging here...wow and wow again!

I was there too, and yes, I'm another mom (our 5th year) so the mom-bias here is also raging, yet tempered by five years of watching my super-vet in this activity and being on tour for weeks at a time watching ours and other corps' shows grow over time. And so...The Blue Knights have their best show ever - I've heard that phrase quite a few times. It hits the marks and it's just plain entertaining. Our hornline is great this year (off night last night, though but they'll be NAILS tonight at Invesco), and of course... the Jim Prime arrangements - hello!!??? The kids LOVE playing his stuff!! Sully and the team came up with a heck of a closer this year that just builds from the ballad swell to the last cymbal crash.

The guy next to me sits on a certain board of directors and was viewing our Knights show for the first time this year said "wow" about five times through the closer and turned to me during his standing O to say, "Best Blue Knights ever!"

Also have to add - the Cadets blew me away. That is a great show. And I must have said "wow" and "awesome" about 10 times during their show.

/end of mom talk.

Went to the show, the venue wasn't bad, however with only one ticket line, there were a lot of people outside when the show was to start. After High Country Brass played they took a 30 min break to allow all the people to get in. Colts were next to the field since they were first up, they were able to see and roll with the delay. I don't think the word got to the G-men because they got to the line before the Colts show started. IMO, that might have been what hurt the G-men, having to stand on the line for a whole show.

BK blue me away! The build in Nimrod followed by a great dramatic release... Mass chills!!!!! They get the back half of the show groovin like the first half and they will just kill it. They have room to improve, but they are so far ahead of where they normally would be at this point. The sound is just fantastic, ridiculous...

Trying to take off my bias I did think that BK beat SCV. IMO, reading on DCP about how technical SCV's show is, I don't think that they have room to take BK over the course of the season. BK has a lot of long playing sections for the horns that just keeps building to and thru Nimrod. Once they have the gas to close out the show with the intensity that they start it, it will be ridonkulous. The comparison with SCV is that they have a lot of neat horn moments at the beginning, but there is not the demand of length of playing (stamina) so that they can be strong to close the show. BK starts the show and GO; SCV starts slow and don't really get to mass horns till the midpoint.

In their encore I heard them do something I've never heard them do before: play and sing. They started playing "You're Just too Good to be True," then the Tubas kept playing with the drums while the rest of the horn line started singing the song. I was seriously jazzed! It was fun and nice to see them doing something to get involved with the audience before scores were announced.

I don't know that I have enough to write a full review, but I do have thoughts on everyone that performed.

All told I thought all of the Corps acquitted themselves very well!