Madison beats Phantom in Guard on 7/8

OK, here we go again. What the hell is wrong with Regiment's guard book? They were 11th at finals last year and it looks like this year is going to be the same deal!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, just curious... why didn't you name this thread: "What's wrong with Regiments guard book?" instead of "Madison Beats Phantom in Guard on 7/8" ... ?

Sort of seems to imply (to me anyway) that Madison beating Regiments guard would now put Regiment in an inferior category... like you might be saying "now they've really sunk to a pathetic low" ...

:tongue:

Edited by GGarrett

So, just curious... why didn't you name this thread: "What's wrong with Regiments guard book?" instead of "Madison Beats Phantom in Guard on 7/8" ... ?

Sort of seems to imply (to me anyway) that Madison beating Regiments guard would now put Regiment in an inferior category... like you might be saying "now they've really sunk to a pathetic low" ...

:tongue:

No offense intended, but while Madison's guard may certainly be better this year, I don't think it's unreasonable to use this as a benchmark. Phantom's guard has been a top 5 guard for the past number of years, whereas Madison's guard has had some less successful years. Even while the corps was pushing 5th/6th in 2005, their guard was placing 12th in semi's. I'm pretty sure the last time Madison's guard beat Phantom's was in the 2004 season, unless I'm mistaken.

Scouts guard also scored higher than Blue Stars earlier this week. BS were 6th in finals last year so I don't think this is a question of the drop by PR but a huge improvement by the Scouts guard and their new staff.

Scouts guard also scored higher than Blue Stars earlier this week. BS were 6th in finals last year so I don't think this is a question of the drop by PR but a huge improvement by the Scouts guard and their new staff.

Hmm....so why not retitle this thread "Madison beats Blue Stars, Boston, and Phantom in Guard this week...what are they feeding those boys?!" :tongue:

No offense intended, but while Madison's guard may certainly be better this year, I don't think it's unreasonable to use this as a benchmark. Phantom's guard has been a top 5 guard for the past number of years, whereas Madison's guard has had some less successful years. Even while the corps was pushing 5th/6th in 2005, their guard was placing 12th in semi's. I'm pretty sure the last time Madison's guard beat Phantom's was in the 2004 season, unless I'm mistaken.

No offense intended either, but it's still a totally unnecessary slap in the face of Madison. Who I believe won't be the butt of such low comparisons much longer! Go Scouts!

No offense intended either, but it's still a totally unnecessary slap in the face of Madison. Who I believe won't be the butt of such low comparisons much longer! Go Scouts!

Hell yes.