Why Blue Devils Win

Oh please......Blue Devils arew demanding, they have more demand than most, more of the time than anyone else.....Im not gonna go back and forth and debate it, its not my opinioon, its fact, its undebateable.....scores, captions awards, and titles prove it. We are a judged activity, we have criteria to follow and performances to rate.....the winners, kings, champions of that process is the Blue Devils.......again, maybe you dont like them, resent them or have a grudge against them.....thats fine thats your cross to bare and it doesnt translate to attitudes towards them from the people that judge them. Thank God.......

I would be careful, your group might be getting the same scarlet letter upon their farheads......

G

again...the tagged post pokes some serious holes in the music demand arguments

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...t&p=2837336

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was in the Crossmen, the American Legion Fans booed us big time when we won the AL National Championship way back in 1977. (Yes, I am old).....

they simply did not like us (it probably didn't help that we put a flag presentation in the middle of the maltese Cross in Russian Christmas Music, to avoid a penalty.....we didn't know about the rule and had a 2 POINT penalty with no flag pre in prelims).

Couldn't you have picked a more appropriate song for that, like March Slav, or Tico Tico, or....um, never mind.

Oh please......Blue Devils arew demanding, they have more demand than most, more of the time than anyone else.....Im not gonna go back and forth and debate it, its not my opinioon, its fact, its undebateable

I think this is a little unfair. I don't want to get on either side of this argument, but it's not fair to say that this is FACT and NOT DEBATABLE.

Are you really saying you've examined every single show each year, from the standpoint of EVERY SINGLE MEMBER, regarding their PHYSICAL actions, MUSICAL requirements, AND MENTAL demands?

Come on. Just agree with me that that's a little bit pretentious.

however the post i tagged does poke some holes in the demand portion as it relates to music.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...t&p=2837336

Jeff, Audiodb is smart, and very insightful, probably in the top five of total posters in the way he presents his ideas and the knowledge to back them up. Hes never rude or condascending in any way.

Should I want to..I could completely debate his post and offer the exact opposite in regards to how demand relates to the Blue Devils...its in the eye of the beholder, hence the debate and the polarizing of the community. Bottom line: you either like it and appreciate it or you dont.........Its ok, not everyone os going to like everything. That would be pretty boring and void of free thinking.

To say 2010 BLue Devils lack extreme demand is doing a disservice to the assumnption that the person saying it has any knowledge or wisdon regarding drum & Bugle corps.

G

I think this is a little unfair. I don't want to get on either side of this argument, but it's not fair to say that this is FACT and NOT DEBATABLE.

Are you really saying you've examined every single show each year, from the standpoint of EVERY SINGLE MEMBER, regarding their PHYSICAL actions, MUSICAL requirements, AND MENTAL demands?

Come on. Just agree with me that that's a little bit pretentious.

Snobbish maybe, pretentious ? no.

G

( I promise you those that disagree with this statement will also have a problem with BD and their style of show and this years offering...)

Snobbish maybe, pretentious ? no.

G

Then it's snobbish.

And also the very definition of flawed logic.

Oh please......Blue Devils arew demanding, they have more demand than most, more of the time than anyone else.....Im not gonna go back and forth and debate it, its not my opinioon, its fact, its undebateable.....scores, captions awards, and titles prove it. We are a judged activity, we have criteria to follow and performances to rate.....the winners, kings, champions of that process is the Blue Devils.......again, maybe you dont like them, resent them or have a grudge against them.....thats fine thats your cross to bare and it doesnt translate to attitudes towards them from the people that judge them. Thank God.......

I would be careful, your group might be getting the same scarlet letter upon their farheads......

G

Read my posts and show me where I said they don't have demand! I was disagreeing with your assertion that everyone in this thread just hates BD -- its a load of baloney. I'm no hater of BD. I *do* think they get way too much credit for "Excellence as Effect" on both effect sheets. I also think they've made their own bed with regard to the audience and now they have lie in it. If winning makes all that golf clapping and hand-sitting go away -- great for them. I wouldn't want to see my kid get booed.

But you're WAY out of the ballpark saying I don't like or resent them or have a grudge against them. Again -- please show the posts here on DCP to support your assertion.

As for Crown going in the same direction I think WRT to their music book that's ridiculous. There's no comparison between BDs arranging style and CCs arranging style. You may be correct that there are aspects of Crown's design that some may compare to BD (this season) but they're not in the music book (which is where you *will* find me being critical on DCP).

Edited by corpsband

not really, the numbers and achievements speak for themselves.

Thats all that is needed to say on that point.

G

You are assuming that the judging is 100% flawless.

If it were flawless, then your logic would be absolutely correct.

BUT, you are basing your judgments on a system that IS NOT perfect.

Therefore, your logic is flawed.

Your OPINION is fine. What you claim as FACT is not.

Edited by Room_101

Every year, BD picks the most talented and attractive performers in drum corps.

Maybe someone already brought this up (thread was tl;dr), but you're not serious about this, right? I lol'd pretty hard.