Why Blue Devils Win

" ... since I aged out" BD, and, " ... my father, who marched 1963-66 Cavaliers probably felt the same way at some point in time. "

Blasphamous, I tellzya, simply blasphamous! :tongue: (who's your daddy?)

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are the alot of people ?? 50 - 60 folks on DCP ??? What about the people that have enjoyed it in person so far ?? I love how people act as if they know all, see all, and their opinioons are thrown as fact.

Here are a few facts.

More people like this show in person than hate it here on DCP

How you feel about this show is your opinion based on what you see.

Your opinion isnt what anyone else feels.

This thread is now bordering on ridiculous, its two trains of thought repeated over and over and over and over and over again cleverley diguised as a debate but in reality a thread dedicated to bashing and discrediting the Blue Devils.

I am going to stay out now and not respond, no matter how much I want to......

G

You need to borrow one of BD's mirrors and take a long hard look at yourself in it.

I don't pawn my opinions off as facts. That's what "IMO" stands for. In My Opinion. Sometimes, I even take the time to write the entire phrase out. If you look closely at my post you quoted, you'll see one of each.

I'm assuming though, you've done some exit polling at shows where BD has performed that can back up your "facts" that more people like this show than dislike it. Shame you won't be posting again in this thread, as I'd like to see your results. And I know my opinion is at least shared by one other, so that blows another one of your "facts" out of the water.

Okay, I really feel like this has just disintegrated so much. What all of this comes down to, is that we all have opinions, and that's what we seem to be missing. Everyone is allowed to have opinions, and these forums are a great place in which to express these opinions, but when we start attacking people for having an opinion different then our own, then we start missing the whole point for being here. Free speech, no matter how inflammatory, or how much it differs from your own views, are an integral part of our national fabric. We can not attack people because they have a different opinion than our own. Sure, we can debate things all we want in a civil manner, that is fine. But this is just becoming an argument about who's opinion is more right than anyone else's, and that's not the point to being here. Sorry.

And before someone jumps on me for this, I'm including myself in this post, as I've become guilty of it too. I've clouded my own judgement to try and argue with someone.

Edited by fsubone

Well then BD has found a way to turn their shows, which are indisputably choc full of demand and technical greatness performed at the highest of levels into 11 minutes of uninspired and at times, flat out boring, marching and playing. (IMO, of course.) I liken them to the national spelling bee. I don't doubt those kids are smart as hell and spend hours practicing and learning nomenclature, derivatives, and context. But I don't tune in to watch because it doesn't interest me. It doesn't get me fired up. It doesn't send a tingle down my leg ($1 Chris Matthews.)

you're not alone in this opinion either. i know BD's great. there's no doubting that, but i'm not sure they're astronomically greater than all the other corps out there. it seems as if there's a default answer of "well, they're BD, they do it better than everyone else, therefore they deserve the score they get." bollocks.

i'm trying my best to watch their show and see just what it is that's warranting the scores that they're getting. as of this moment, i can't. i don't see or hear that they're doing anything that's so amazing. they're actually dirtier than they were last year compared to where everyone else is now. it feels as if they're going down the judges' score sheet and checking things off to put them in the show. i just don't feel anything from watching their show.

...Free speech, no matter how inflammatory, or how much it differs from your own views, are an integral part of our national fabric. We can not attack people because they have a different opinion than our own...

:tongue:

20090120_-ellison_obama_elk_11_blog.jpg

Dear OP,

As an alumni of The Blue Devils, you lost me at the bold text. You obviously know nothing about being a Blue Devil.

Every year, BD picks the most talented and attractive performers in drum corps. They train these performers in a system that emphasizes one thing - performance. Not education. Not self-discovery. Not camaraderie. Just performance.
Edited by Creep

Dear OP,

As an alumni of The Blue Devils, you lost me at the bold text. You obviously know nothing about what you speak of and you're just a bitter betsy.

And yet few people have commented on MY post that first debunked the op....urgh.

Sometimes I feel like I'm posting in a vacuum....