What were we thinking? Stuff that didn't quite work

Was it the Young Frankenstein version.... that would have been genius!

A high school band actually played the Young Frankenstein version in a Mel Brooks themed show last year.

When the repertoire was announced before the show and the announcer said "Frankenstein" the entire band shouted out "Frahnkensteen!" in unison.

Don't even ask about the Blazing Saddles portion.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A high school band actually played the Young Frankenstein version in a Mel Brooks themed show last year.

When the repertoire was announced before the show and the announcer said "Frankenstein" the entire band shouted out "Frahnkensteen!" in unison.

Don't even ask about the Blazing Saddles portion.

Gotta love a group that does it's research!!! :tongue:

I think someone else wrote about it already, but I vividly remember playing "Cup of Life" at all of the winter camps for the 2000 Crossmen season. I actually did not want to move in because I was feeling so terrible about playing Ricky Martin all summer, but I did anyway. At the first corps meeting at Teterboro, Hop told us we weren't playing it and we all went nuts (well, drum corps nuts, so like 3 seconds of hollering followed by silence). :)

Good move in my book!

A certain Blue corps who went from one of the best uniforms in DCI to a grey monstrosity?

A certain Blue corps who went from one of the best uniforms in DCI to a grey monstrosity?

I liked the grey uniforms in 88, and the grey shoes! I loved that show!

I liked the grey uniforms in 88, and the grey shoes! I loved that show!

I didn't, but those were far better then the corps I'm referring to.

And the 12 guard members were dressed as the corps proper.

And 24 years later. :)

One of my most memorable sights was Michael Cesario picking up the white plastic clarinet props after the performance. All I could think was he must have made that deal to get them in the show.

Actually there were some horn players who also picked up guard equipment at some points in the show too.

A few other thoughts...

- Magic of Orlando guard unis - name a year between 94 and 98. And the corps uni as well... :)

- The Madison programming choice in 2000. I think it was a (downward) turning point for the corps that still haven't completely recovered from, assuming "recovery" = "consistent top six corps." The new staff may be turning that corner, though.

- The PR uni choice from 2000 to 2002. I don't mind the tan jacket so much, but I still wonder "why did they decide on that?"