Who will win

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure why you quoted me, but predict away...... hopefully it can be positive and friendly.......nah :laughing:

ooops!!! :thumbup: i didn't mean to quote you. i meant to hit the reply.

anybody want to predict the scores between empire & MBI?

no way of predicting. MBI hasnt had a DCA show yet and it will be their first read. I imagine empire will be busting butt for this weekend (not saying mbi wont). If either of these corps want a shot at the bucs come finals they will need to pull off AT LEAST an 86.5

Edited by skeptic

It was good but someone was censored I heard, so everyone is watching their P's and Q's. Am I allowed to say P?

Hey, let's face it...Jamestown is going to be a GREAT show! They will have some great corps there in Open class and A class. Jamestown is the place to be. Besides, who cares who wins as long as 1) your corps did its best show and 2) you entertained the heck out of Jamestown. They will love you all!

no way of predicting. MBI hasnt had a DCA show yet and it will be their first read. I imagine empire will be busting butt for this weekend (not saying mbi wont). If either of these corps want a shot at the bucs come finals they will need to pull off AT LEAST an 86.5

i wonder if either can score that high this week. that's a tall order.

Just learn this simple rule

X, Y, and Z sucks, unless my corps is doing it.

There, now you understand drum corps fans :laughing:

You hit the nail right on the head.

Why is that

1. Are they better at it?

2. Are their props more professionally made?

3. Do they complete their theme better?

4. Is it more acceptable in DCA?

My opinion....."yes" to pretty much all of the above. As far as the theme goes, I think their props/special effects over the years... for the most part.... have enhanced their themes quite well.

Other corps have "completed their themes" quite well without the use of props, no question.... but props and so forth are most definitely ... to borrow a phrase... Statesmen Style.

I have said before that at various times over the years, the Statesmen's shows have struck me as more like entertainment events, and not just drum corps shows. And I mean that as a compliment.

Again, just my opinion.

Edited by Fran Haring

My opinion....."yes" to pretty much all of the above. As far as the theme goes, I think their props/special effects over the years... for the most part.... have enhanced their themes quite well.

Other corps have "completed their themes" quite well without the use of props, no question.... but props and so forth are most definitely ... to borrow a phrase... Statesmen Style.

I have said before that at various times over the years, the Statesmen's shows have struck me as more like entertainment events, and not just drum corps shows. And I mean that as a compliment.

Again, just my opinion.

HMMMM interesting but if a JR. corps does this " Its NOT DRUM CORPS " preached by many

I find it imnteresting that many ( Not all ) of the same people who condem Cadets for a character, BD for a prop of a chair or mirror, cavies on a guard uniform and this includes some friends I have in Empire for all those things then justify what Empire does as entertainment / broadway.

Why is that

1. Are they better at it?

2. Are their props more professionally made?

3. Do they complete their theme better?

4. Is it more acceptable in DCA?

just curious and really not trying to flame , I just don't get the reasoning behind some peoples thoughts on the subject. It really seems to go to the extreme opposites

one word...presentation.