Casper Troopers 2010

I think that this year more mirrors 1979 than last year. The corps has been buried so many times by the critics and is still being discounted against Gmen. The main positive for this year is that there is another week for Troop to clean and add more impact moments to the show. If percussion can close the gap to less than a point I think that the rest of the corps can somehow overcome this gap. The spirit of '79 is behind you '10 Troopers, start your own legend! :tongue:

After looking at the numbers from 10 to 13 right now and the trend over the last 14 days I think Troopers get 12th and this is why:

BK started with 82.4 and has gone up 1.5 an average of .1 per day

Troopers started with 74.25 and has gone up 5.6 an average of .4 per day

GMen started with 77.65 and has gone up 4.2 an average of .3 per day

Madison started with 78.55 and has gone up 3.70 an average of .26 per day

There are 17 days left until Indy so if this trend continues here are the 10-13 standings:

10th place GMen with 86.95

11th place Madison with 86.67

12th place Troopers with 86.65

13th place BK with 85.60

I know there is a long way to go, but this illustrates that it can be done. All the kids can do is work as hard as they can and let the chips fall where they may. As Terri would say: "Ooooooohhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After looking at the numbers from 10 to 13 right now and the trend over the last 14 days I think Troopers get 12th and this is why:

BK started with 82.4 and has gone up 1.5 an average of .1 per day

Troopers started with 74.25 and has gone up 5.6 an average of .4 per day

GMen started with 77.65 and has gone up 4.2 an average of .3 per day

Madison started with 78.55 and has gone up 3.70 an average of .26 per day

There are 17 days left until Indy so if this trend continues here are the 10-13 standings:

10th place GMen with 86.95

11th place Madison with 86.67

12th place Troopers with 86.65

13th place BK with 85.60

I know there is a long way to go, but this illustrates that it can be done. All the kids can do is work as hard as they can and let the chips fall where they may. As Terri would say: "Ooooooohhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

I don't think that trend will continue, and here's why:

BK is better than all three of the corps you have listed ahead of them, with maybe the exception of the scouts.

I love Troop, and I love their show, but BK deserves to beat them at this point and the 4+ point spread is completely justified as well.

1. Hornline: improved over last year by far thanks to vet retention, good recruitment and maturity. The book is more difficult and they are moving a lot more while playing. (i.e. covering more distance and with more velocity) Lots of feet still in the horns, and stamina is still being built up for the show.

I saw them at Stanford, and that's good to hear. I was wondering how they would do with Scott Lee-Atchison going over to Cavies.

I don't think that trend will continue, and here's why:

BK is better than all three of the corps you have listed ahead of them, with maybe the exception of the scouts.

I love Troop, and I love their show, but BK deserves to beat them at this point and the 4+ point spread is completely justified as well.

Maybe I should not have even listed an order. My intent was only to illustrate a numerical possibility that Troopers are not out of this race for finals. I did not want to slight any of the other 3 Corps. They are all working very hard and are all very talented. It is quite possible that there are 1 or 2 other Corps that could be thrown into this mix as well. I just want to say that Troopers just completed a very good 2 week run. I don't think that run is over, in fact I don't think it will end until 8-14. Even if they don't make it to finals they are giving it everything they have and that's all anyone can do.

To your point about BK, I agree that they have a cleaner show and deserve to be ahead of Troopers at this point. I guess we will have to wait until Indy to see how this thing shakes out. Good luck to all 4 of them as well as Colts and Academy. Gonna be fun to watch.

Go Troop!

Season-ending injury. A vet joined in Oklahoma and they expect to have him in the show by Atlanta.

Oh. man! I'm sorry to hear that. Glad to know someone can step in, and I hope the injured tenor can come back next year.

Garry in Vegas

Regarding Bk and Troopers....

Blue Knights have a very easy show this year, both musically and visually. To me, this explains the slow rise in score for them. They've peaked. Score will continue to rise, but probably not very steeply.

Troopers have a harder show than BK, but Troop is still being outperformed by their own show. As skill with the show is gained and improvements to the show are made we should continue to see Troopers climb faster than BK. Just a few weeks ago BK was nearly 9 points ahead of Troop. 5 points of BK's 9 point lead have been chipped away. I'd say that is pretty compelling.

In short: Troopers show has more room for improvement than BK...and while I'm not saying Troop will pass BK, I won't be completely shocked if it happens.

I hope it happens.

Regarding Bk and Troopers....

Blue Knights have a very easy show this year, both musically and visually. To me, this explains the slow rise in score for them. They've peaked. Score will continue to rise, but probably not very steeply.

Troopers have a harder show than BK, but Troop is still being outperformed by their own show. As skill with the show is gained and improvements to the show are made we should continue to see Troopers climb faster than BK. Just a few weeks ago BK was nearly 9 points ahead of Troop. 5 points of BK's 9 point lead have been chipped away. I'd say that is pretty compelling.

In short: Troopers show has more room for improvement than BK...and while I'm not saying Troop will pass BK, I won't be completely shocked if it happens.

I hope it happens.

I would like to see Troop simply push to be the absolute best performers they can be - no excuses, no regrets - and to do it with their hearts filled with joy and love for what they are doing. I know that they are aiming for that, but because of the difficulty of the show there are places where I can tell that many members are still working on the technical level. If they can push past that and into a fuller range of emotional/performance realm - watch out.

I would like to see Troop simply push to be the absolute best performers they can be - no excuses, no regrets - and to do it with their hearts filled with joy and love for what they are doing. I know that they are aiming for that, but because of the difficulty of the show there are places where I can tell that many members are still working on the technical level. If they can push past that and into a fuller range of emotional/performance realm - watch out.

I hope to see Troopers moving up and maybe passing Glassmen, but, I've noticed that Madison seems to be stagnating and haven't moved up in the last week or so. Glassmen and Madison are both only about 2 points ahead with 2 1/2 weeks left in the season. If Troopers can polish their show more, and get the other tenor player up to speed, you could see a surprising result come finals. :tongue:

Troopers beat Academy again last night, even though they were beaten by Academy in percussion by 2 points! If Troopers can improve their drumline it looks like they will definately stay ahead. I would like to see them maybe decrease this spread to less than a point. I guess if the mystery replacement tenor player gets up to snuff it might help.

Troopers beat Academy again last night, even though they were beaten by Academy in percussion by 2 points! If Troopers can improve their drumline it looks like they will definately stay ahead. I would like to see them maybe decrease this spread to less than a point. I guess if the mystery replacement tenor player gets up to snuff it might help.

Are you sure that you didn't mean INcrease instead of DEcrease and MORE instead of less? Or maybe you mean Academy and not Troop. :tongue:

Edited by Piper