Casper Troopers 2010

Are you sure that you didn't mean INcrease instead of DEcrease and MORE instead of less? Or maybe you mean Academy and not Troop. :thumbup:

I think he's referencing the spread with Glassmen. :thumbup:

The mystery replacement tenor will be in by Atlanta. :tongue:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure that you didn't mean INcrease instead of DEcrease and MORE instead of less? Or maybe you mean Academy and not Troop. :tongue:

I meant that Troopers increase their score and decrease the difference in percussion score with Academy. They seem to be doing well with the other captions (Although I heard that one judge really tanked the Troopers' percussion score that night).

When there are OBVIOUS discrepancies like what happened with Troopers percussion score DCI needs to call the judge on the carpet. These kids work too hard for someone with an axe to grind to have this much power over them. By all accounts from insiders the show in question was the best show their percussion has had all season and to lose 2.20 points is degrading and that judge should be banned. With just a modest gain of .15 in percussion Troopers would have broken 81.00 last night! People like Jeff Prosperie should not be allowed to adjudicate!

Edited by rwmoore001

When there are OBVIOUS discrepancies like what happened with Troopers percussion score DCI needs to call the judge on the carpet. These kids work too hard for someone with an axe to grind to have this much power over them. By all accounts from insiders the show in question was the best show their percussion has had all season and to lose 2.20 points is degrading and that judge should be banned. With just a modest gain of .15 in percussion Troopers would have broken 81.00 last night! People like Jeff Prosperie should not be allowed to adjudicate!

I've seen this kind of bs a lot in DCI judging. One judge just decides that he wants to tank the score of an individual corps to bring his "chosen" corps to the forefront. I just hope that he is brought out on the carpet by the powers-that-be and read the riot act!

Can anyone let us know if the Troopers are "falling off the pace" a bit because of show changes they are adding that need to be cleaned? They have been passed up (I recognize it's only show) by the Colts and have fallen behind the Glassmen by about 4 points.

Would be great to hear opinions from people who have seen them live.

Troopers have made a lot of visual changes over the last week or two. Visual ensemble is bad for that reason.

For some reason Prosperie is scoring them extremely low in percussion, for two shows in a row. That could be for any of three reasons: He is the judge who finally breaks the bad news that last year's results don't apply this year (ala the DCI Midwest judges to PR in 1990); He just doesn't like what Troopers have on the field (ala <insert judge's name here> for <insert corps name here> in <insert year here>; Troopers are trying to stitch in a replacement tenor for the poor guy who had to leave due to a bone fracture.

Can anyone let us know if the Troopers are "falling off the pace" a bit because of show changes they are adding that need to be cleaned? They have been passed up (I recognize it's only show) by the Colts and have fallen behind the Glassmen by about 4 points.

Would be great to hear opinions from people who have seen them live.

I guess that the corps must have learned their new parts pretty well as they have once again passed Colts and Academy in the last two shows. I hope that they can keep the juices flowing (and avoid the idiot percussion judge) and try to reduce the difference with Glassmen! :blink: