Where were you?!?

For the cadets, I was on the bus headed home from finals week. We stayed for semis, but the corps headed home early.

For Phantom in 2008, I was in a hotel lobby in Baton Rouge. (I was there helping out with the annual hot air balloon event). I was checking the scores and happened to look at the screen next to me where someone else just happened to be checking scores. This is cool for multiple reasons. 1.) He marched Memphis Blue and I marched Memphis Sound, so there is already somewhat of a connection there. 2.) He marched with Phantom during the ORIGINAL Spartacus show. Pretty cool night if I say so myself.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in the stands, NOT heading to the bus when Kingsmen were announced winners back in 72

I was not only in the stands to hear Madison smoke the crowd in 75, I also witnessed Jeff Kevit make his entrance to some of the loudest applause in I can remember in DCI

I was on the 30 yard line right behind the post supporting the upper deck for BD's first win in 76. and saw Bridgemen all fall down.

I was in the stands in Montreal for the splinters at McGill, and the "chicks with the chairs"

I was in the stands in Montreal when they announced last train in 10 minutes.....RUN.

I was in the stands for Birmingham for 79 but didn't get the Gold Seats until 80

I know I was in the stands in Buffalo one year, in Kansas City one year, in Madison at least once ? and in Atlanta and in Jackson but not much stands out for those years except some great Drum & BUGLE Corps. < insert rimshot>

( oh come on, someone had to slip it in )

September of 1975 when I gave one of my former corpmates a ride to the bus station and he told me that some obscure corps named the Blue Devils had won the World Open that year. I became imune to surprises from that day on. :thumbup:

when phantom regiment tied for first in 1996?

--Not paying attention.

when the cavaliers scored a 99.15

--There, pretty impressed

when the cadets scored a 99.15

--There, and happy!!

when the blue devils had an undefeated season

--There in 2009

when phantom regiment edged out blue devils in 2008

--There!!! :) :) :)

Where were you when you heard about some of DCIs most historic moments?

Ex. when phantom regiment tied for first in 1996?

I was 9, so probably doing vector calculus in my room while watching Masterpiece Theather.

Upper deck, S1 40, about 10 rows back.

S2 endzone, front row...laughing at them accidentally giving the brass award to the Cavies/Phantom in a tie and then taking it right back.

07 - On the field, sulking a bit about 7th place

09 - On the field, laughing about it...in my head at least.

In between BK and Cadets...feeling rather ashamed of all the debauchery surrounding me.

Where were you when you heard about some of DCIs most historic moments?

Ex. when phantom regiment tied for first in 1996?

share you moments here! enjoy :thumbup::tongue::tongue::worthy::worthy:

Phantom 96 - was at home

Cavies 02 - Was at home

Cadets 05 - in the stands

BD - 86 - in the stands, 94 - in the stands, 09 - at home (can't remember other years they were undefeated)

Phantom 08 - at home

I was at the Kalamazoo show in '05 with Spirit when BD came back from Europe with Dance Derby... we couldn't really see or hear the corps from the backfield where we were walking back to our buses but I remember suddenly hearing the, "Yowza yowza yowza!" part and basically the entire corps giving a, "WTF?" look towards the field lol.