ExSIGHTment of Sound Houston Shows

trivia question :

what song, what group had the lyrics.... " if you're gonna play in Texas boy,.. you better have a fiddler in the band ? "

Gatlen Bros!

Got you in my "2" tonight, BRASSO! :thumbup:

To BD's credit, I did like that tribute, the opening piece in their encore tonite.

The year Jim Ott passed I attended their Precision West show. In his memory, the entire horn lines from BD A & B, SCV, Commodores, and one or two other corps (Freelancers, maybe) took the field and played that arrangement. Yes, it did make me cry, and yes, I still get a lump in my throat when I hear it. The most beautiful musical moment in my memory.

Agreed, and my wife's grandad was on the Vestal, anchored next to the Arizona during the attach on Pearl Harbor. She has heard the stories since she was a little girl, and you can bet that she cried when BD played the Navy Hymn at Standford.

....just to throw my 2 cents out there....

I'm not sure why so many people are enraged/dissapointed by BD's last third of their show (after the drum feature). I think that is the most exciting and best arranged part of the whole production. You can't say the the arrangement itself is choppy because that is exactly how the source music sounds. And I fail to see how anyone can say this part of the show is devoid of emotion. I think it evokes strong human emotions..... maybe not pleasant ones, but ones of great intensity/passion/confusion/madness/etc.... Do you people enjoy listening to classical pieces like Stravinky's Rite of Spring (considered by many to be one of, if not the greatest musical work of all time)? To me, some of the stuff BD is doing this year strongly resembles the chaotic nature of classical pieces like that. Like I always say.... if you can, please watch/listen to these shows (including BD's) with as open mind as you can...... there are an infinite number of ways the human mind can be engaged.

PUULLLEEEAAAASSSEEE!!!!!

everyone knows Lady Gaga's Bad Romance is the GREATEST MUSICAL WORK OF ALL TIME......OF ALL TIME!

Well apparently that pigeon either dropped the message or was shot down en route.

UGGGGGH!!! I can't wait any longer. G'NITE EVERYBODY!!

the pigeon's a birdbrain.

ok, break it down, unbiased. Break down each caption and compare.......I am no judge eaither but I can totally see the spread. Not because I love BD either. I understood thespread for Cavies in 02, Cadets in 05, didnt care for either show but it deserved every accolade it got.

This show is that good......

G

IMO...if the performer numbers were over the book, where they should be in many captions, the spread goes down. BD still wins, but the spread goes down.

....just to throw my 2 cents out there....

I'm not sure why so many people are enraged/dissapointed by BD's last third of their show (after the drum feature). I think that is the most exciting and best arranged part of the whole production. You can't say the the arrangement itself is choppy because that is exactly how the source music sounds. And I fail to see how anyone can say this part of the show is devoid of emotion. I think it evokes strong human emotions..... maybe not pleasant ones, but ones of great intensity/passion/confusion/madness/etc.... Do you people enjoy listening to classical pieces like Stravinky's Rite of Spring (considered by many to be one of, if not the greatest musical work of all time)? To me, some of the stuff BD is doing this year strongly resembles the chaotic nature of classical pieces like that. Like I always say.... if you can, please watch/listen to these shows (including BD's) with as open mind as you can...... there are an infinite number of ways the human mind can be engaged.

I've said this before....You Sir, are a steely-eyed missle man!! Beautifully stated.

($1 to Ron Howard, Apollo 13)

let me check

You = not my friend :thumbup::doh:

If enough people all feel that BD's show is lacking something......be it...excitement.....melodic shape......a complete phrase.....whatever.. There must be some truth to it.

I mean THAT many people can't possibly be all getting it wrong.

just the uneducated, unsophisticated haters :thumbup: