ExSIGHTment of Sound Houston Shows

It certainly wasn't Dick Cheney's fault. In the process of trying to gun down the pigeon, he accidentally shot poor little Geoffrey in the face. Sorry I couldn't resist.

sure the cavies didnt? they had many rifles they even told me that.

George Bush seems to be more popular now than the Blue Devils.

Go figure.

:thumbup:

( no not really tho)

Well ####, there goes my music degree. I guess I have to ammo to convice my wife that I am not cut out to do the MM degree with her that she keeps begging me to do :thumbup:

well if you dont like the BD show this year, that's what you'll get labeled

well if you dont like the BD show this year, that's what you'll get labeled

I've been coming here since this place opened......I'm not worried about my labels. Heck I even got banned for a few days after DATR. I wear my BD Hate on my sleeve :thumbup:

The year Jim Ott passed I attended their Precision West show. In his memory, the entire horn lines from BD A & B, SCV, Commodores, and one or two other corps (Freelancers, maybe) took the field and played that arrangement. Yes, it did make me cry, and yes, I still get a lump in my throat when I hear it. The most beautiful musical moment in my memory.

They actually played it twice. The second time around they were encouraged to play it a volume where Jim Ott could actually hear it from wherever he was. Very cool!

It certainly wasn't Dick Cheney's fault. In the process of trying to gun down the pigeon, he accidentally shot poor little Geoffrey in the face. Sorry I couldn't resist.

The good news is Geoffrey has health care now for this.

the bad news is the doc's office said they'll squeeze him on August 6th at 5 pm for the injury to his face.

In the meantime, tell Geoff to use a towel to stop the bleeding, take 2 aspirin, and call the nurse in the morning if he's still showing a pulse.

Edited by BRASSO

The good news is Geoffrey has health care now for this.

the bad news is the doc's office said they'll squeeze him on August 6th at 5 pm for the injury to his face.

In the meantime, tell Geoff to use a towel to top the bleeding, take 2 aspirin, and call the nurse in the morning if he's still showing a pulse.

wait a second.

wont the aspirin thin the blood and make him bleed more? :thumbup:

I've been coming here since this place opened......I'm not worried about my labels. Heck I even got banned for a few days after DATR. I wear my BD Hate on my sleeve :thumbup:

I'm labeled one now too...and I used to be as big a BD honk as ever existed

So do I, but it's just not their vibe. The staff chooses to put little effort into the encore and focus more on their actually shows. I bet they don't even like doing them, but it's just one of those things. I am sure the members would flip if they got to play any of those tunes in encore!! :thumbup:

Speaking as a former member, as far as I'm concerned, you are 100% correct.