ExSIGHTment of Sound Houston Shows

your a parent of a members corps that lost

A parent of a member back in 98-01. :thumbdown: She's an avid drum corps fan just like I am and she sees the same thing I do. Boston, while technically sound this summer has a show that goes no where. They've got a fast paced drill that seems forced into the theme and music that to me if I just listen to on CD I'd have no idea what all of the various pieces have in common. Are they good? yeah, no doubt. Is this a better roduct for them than last year? Nope. I think that right now they're so much cleaner than BK in the marching captions that they're gonna peak out too early. WOuld highly expect to see BK pass them up in the near future. BK's also got some changes coming to their show as well! You're a good man Big Papi, I am not trying to correct you about Tricia, just that she's an experienced fan as well!!

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

Whew, it's funny how I can be relieved that the Cadets/Cavies gap is about the same as it was 2 nights ago. Trying to erase that 1.3 deficit from Thursday night from my memory!

Lol...

Nothing gets the crowd going like an all male corps doing push-ups on the field. :D

..............Yum......................

A parent of a member back in 98-01. :thumbdown: She's an avid drum corps fan just like I am and she sees the same thing I do. Boston, while technically sound this summer has a show that goes no where. They've got a fast paced drill that seems forced into the theme and music that to me if I just listen to on CD I'd have no idea what all of the various pieces have in common. Are they good? yeah, no doubt. Is this a better roduct for them than last year? Nope. I think that right now they're so much cleaner than BK in the marching captions that they're gonna peak out too early. WOuld highly expect to see BK pass them up in the near future. BK's also got some changes coming to their show as well! You're a good man Big Papi, I am not trying to correct you about Tricia, just that she's an experienced fan as well!!

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

Hard to tell what year her kids were in. Especially with 13 posts in 8 years lol :worthy:

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

You're a terrific honk for your former Corps Wes....

Incidentally, BK isn't boring anymore. Their visual this year is just OK, but their music this year is terrific. I really like what they are playing. I don't see them beating Boston, Blue Stars,Phantom or SCV come Finals, but I can see them holding off a resurgent Madison Scouts.... but more importantly, for the first time in many years , they are no longer boring for most fans.

Edited by BRASSO

Well I guess i'll express my .02 cents on some corps of the night! Overall every show I saw last night I really enjoyed. Every show this year is just amazing and as a fan I am very pleased with this year. I suppose I shall start...

Phantom Regiment- So many great sounds coming from the horn line this year. MUCH better than last year visually. Just a very emotional show from start to finish.

Boston Crusaders- WOW the horn line this year is playing with much more control. They sound so much better this year just amazing. Great music selections.

Blue Knights- The only thing I can say is that... they have made MAJOR improvements in every aspect this year. I love the show!!!

Blue Devils- Honestly I don't see why so many people were bashing them. I thought the show was ok but it didn't really get me up on my feet. I thought it was good and I clamped for them and what not. They have a good horn line this year and they are VERY clean this year. I know i'm going to eat my own words come finals night but in my opinion I don't know what more they can do with it. Overall I thought it was ok. (The mirrors however, the show could have done with out it but I didn't really care about it). And I thought this was kinda funny but I remember someone saying that you have to sit low to be entertained by the show. A friend of mine said the same thing last night. I just thought it was kinda funny.

The Cadets- Its a CUTE show. They have the loudest horn line this year no doubt about it. It had me laughing a lot it was just so cute. I could honestly see this them passing up BD come finals but I don't know if thats gonna happen.

Madison Scouts- WELCOME BACK!!! :thumbdown: I LOVED this show. This is a completely different group from the past 2 or 3 years. Just the show design is amazing. (I didn't catch the name of the show does anyone know the name of the show?) but just wow! This show WILL make finals for sure!

The Cavaliers- Not only are they my favorite corps but they are marching my favorite show of the year. I talked to all my friends that went to the show with me and they all agree that this is the best show. They started rough but they are REALLY coming together. Out of any group... The Cavaliers pose as the greatest threat. There is so much more they can do with this show. Still so much more they can clean and get better at. They have made me a proud fan of them last night I was up on my feet so many times. I was tearing up a lot through out the show. Will they win? I'm not sure... they could pull a 95 and win but you never know. But really, I don't care if they win or not... After seeing that I just want to watch it over and over again. Its just a great show!

Go Green Machine!!!

Edited by Hook'emCavies

Madison Scouts- WELCOME BACK!!! :thumbdown: I LOVED this show. This is a completely different group from the past 2 or 3 years. Just the show design is amazing. (I didn't catch the name of the show does anyone know the name of the show?) but just wow! This show WILL make finals for sure!

No name, as far as I know. It's a retro, back-to-basic show that has taken Madison Scouts classics and updated them.

your a parent of a members corps that lost

My, my are we all knowing??? First and foremost there are not losers in Drum Corps, let me make that perfectly clear!

I am a parent of one of the visual instrutors for BK and he has traveled the last three years with them. He also does visuals for several high schools throughout CO, so I think I have learned a few things along the way.

I have been around drum corps many years my friend and I was not aware that the amount of posts made here were a part of the resume for having an opinion. BTW, I see you have only been a member of this board since May 2010, I've been on since 2002, at least when I write I have something to say, hmmm.

All total with band and DCI I have put in 17-years so far and have a daughter starting DCI next summer. Should she go every year as my son did I will have been around it for 24-years. Due to her age I opted out of letting her go this year, although she auditioned and made the grade for BK. My son was 17 years-old when he started but having housed members for years (boys), I decided sending my daughter at 16-years-old is a different issue all together.

Most of my posts were made on Sound Machine years ago but I am sure there are many on here who know me. Ask me how many shows I have been to? I have flown in to see almost every San Antonio show, I have seen almost every final in Madison and was in Washington, D.C. and Buffalo for finals. I have not missed Drums for 15-years as I am from CO.

My son marched both BK and BD thus my avatar. My daughter made WGI this year in Dayton, where I went to see her, traveling to see Drum Corps is a passion.

So yes, I am a parent but my statement was not made as an emotional boo hoo, it was made as an observation and my personal opinion. So there you have it, my resume, do I have a right to say what I see now? :thumbdown:

Edited by Tricia-A BD/BK Mom

Hard to tell what year her kids were in. Especially with 13 posts in 8 years lol :thumbdown:

Now that you know my history, let's get it out in the open. You joined the board May 12, 2010-Member 29,692. I joined June 28, 2002-Member 1042, so I would say if you post ridulous insults your numbers are probably higher than mine...I guess I believe in quality not quanity! What you said about me is trivial and quite frankly funny but it did add to your post numbers. Oh boy, congratulations your posts are growing all the time. You are just a wealth of knowledge aren't you, just look at all of your posts! :worthy:

Edited by Tricia-A BD/BK Mom

Well I guess i'll express my .02 cents on some corps of the night! Overall every show I saw last night I really enjoyed. Every show this year is just amazing and as a fan I am very pleased with this year. I suppose I shall start...

Phantom Regiment- So many great sounds coming from the horn line this year. MUCH better than last year visually. Just a very emotional show from start to finish.

Boston Crusaders- WOW the horn line this year is playing with much more control. They sound so much better this year just amazing. Great music selections.

Blue Knights- The only thing I can say is that... they have made MAJOR improvements in every aspect this year. I love the show!!!

Blue Devils- Honestly I don't see why so many people were bashing them. I thought the show was ok but it didn't really get me up on my feet. I thought it was good and I clamped for them and what not. They have a good horn line this year and they are VERY clean this year. I know i'm going to eat my own words come finals night but in my opinion I don't know what more they can do with it. Overall I thought it was ok. (The mirrors however, the show could have done with out it but I didn't really care about it). And I thought this was kinda funny but I remember someone saying that you have to sit low to be entertained by the show. A friend of mine said the same thing last night. I just thought it was kinda funny.

The Cadets- Its a CUTE show. They have the loudest horn line this year no doubt about it. It had me laughing a lot it was just so cute. I could honestly see this them passing up BD come finals but I don't know if thats gonna happen.

The Cavaliers- Not only are they my favorite corps but they are marching my favorite show of the year. I talked to all my friends that went to the show with me and they all agree that this is the best show. They started rough but they are REALLY coming together. Out of any group... The Cavaliers pose as the greatest threat. There is so much more they can do with this show. Still so much more they can clean and get better at. They have made me a proud fan of them last night I was up on my feet so many times. I was tearing up a lot through out the show. Will they win? I'm not sure... they could pull a 95 and win but you never know. But really, I don't care if they win or not... After seeing that I just want to watch it over and over again. Its just a great show!

Go Green Machine!!!

What the hell is wrong with you? You're not supposed to be tearing up during a CAVIE SHOW!!!