ExSIGHTment of Sound Houston Shows

What the hell is wrong with you? You're not supposed to be tearing up during a CAVIE SHOW!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA Well its mainly because I was remembering what a lot of people on this forum posted during the off season about The Cavaliers... more or less I was just so happy that The Cavaliers proved them wrong.

Now that you know my history, let's get it out in the open. You joined the board May 12, 2010-Member 29,692. I joined June 28, 2002-Member 1042, so I would say if you post ridulous insults your numbers are probably higher than mine...I guess I believe in quality not quanity! What you said about me is trivial and quite frankly funny but it did add to your post numbers. Oh boy, congratulations your posts are growing all the time. You are just a wealth of knowledge aren't you, just look at all of your posts! :thumbdown:

For what it's worth, his previous pseudonym racked up 3480 posts in short order.

My, my are we all knowing??? First and foremost there are not losers in Drum Corps, let me make that perfectly clear!

I am a parent of one of the visual instrutors for BK and he has traveled the last three years with them. He also does visuals for several high schools throughout CO, so I think I have learned a few things along the way.

I have been around drum corps many years my friend and I was not aware that the amount of posts made here were a part of the resume for having an opinion. BTW, I see you have only been a member of this board since May 2010, I've been on since 2002, at least when I write I have something to say, hmmm.

All total with band and DCI I have put in 17-years so far and have a daughter starting DCI next summer. Should she go every year as my son did I will have been around it for 24-years. Due to her age I opted out of letting her go this year, although she auditioned and made the grade for BK. My son was 17 years-old when he started but having housed members for years (boys), I decided sending my daughter at 16-years-old is a different issue all together.

Most of my posts were made on Sound Machine years ago but I am sure there are many on here who know me. Ask me how many shows I have been to? I have flown in to see almost every San Antonio show, I have seen almost every final in Madison and was in Washington, D.C. and Buffalo for finals. I have not missed Drums for 15-years as I am from CO.

My son marched both BK and BD thus my avatar. My daughter made WGI this year in Dayton, where I went to see her, traveling to see Drum Corps is a passion.

So yes, I am a parent but my statement was not made as an emotional boo hoo, it was made as an observation and my personal opinion. So there you have it, my resume, do I have a right to say what I see now? :thumbdown:

Even if you didnt have that resume, you still have a right to say what you want. And your opinion is just as important as anyone else here.....Im proud to call you my friend and you raised an awesome son !

G

Just watched the Cavies' Houston VOD on the Fan Network again, and I've gotta say that I love their show. Pretty amazing, because the first time I watched it a few weeks ago, I found it to be a bit of a head-scratcher, and was worried about them. No more. This is an amazing show, and I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Even if you didnt have that resume, you still have a right to say what you want. And your opinion is just as important as anyone else here.....Im proud to call you my friend and you raised an awesome son !

G

Why thank you, G! Remember when we use to at it on RAND or RANT or whatever it was, you were BOY1230 and you sure could push my buttons, LOL?

I am still trying to get my schedule worked out for Allentown. Craig is pushing pretty hard for that show. He thinks I would have more fun there than in Indy. I guess they have an awesome karaoke bar and the fans are over the top. Should be a fun time. Hoping to see you there, remember the first round is on you! :thumbdown:

Edited by Tricia-A BD/BK Mom

G

um...don't forget her daughter :-)

I read DCP for almost 2 years before I signed up. Got legacy collection last year, watched 'bout 25% so far, got 4 years from the 00's DCI and WGI. Been away from the activities for 22 years. Registered for FN July 10, 2010; 'virtually' been to Kalamazoo, Denver, Minneapolis, Houston and Dallas. Blue Knights 2010 program has allowed me to transition from my years away to now. Their music makes me smile and the movement flows eloquently. I like it alot.

I'd been to numerous (over 200) performing arts performances from 1973-1976 via school. Each and every time we had to write a review for marks. At this time in my life, I'd rather give my impression. Thanks, Blue Knights! I enjoy your show and thank you Tricia for being in the present :-D

Why thank you, G! Remember when we use to at it on RAND or RANT or whatever it was, you were BOY1230 and you sure could push my buttons, LOL?

I am still trying to get my schedule worked out for Allentown. Craig is pushing pretty hard for that show. He thinks I would have more fun there than in Indy. I guess they have an awesome karaoke bar and the fans are over the top. Should be a fun time. Hoping to see you there, remember the first round is on you! :thumbdown:

Oh God yes...too funny !! I also remember how happy we were to see each other in the stands in Madison in 2002. Love what Craig, Sully, et all are doing with BK this year....such a great show. Yes, you will love Allentown, the stadium, the atmosphere, the places to eat, drink..yes, first round will be on me !

I am sooo looking forward to Allentown this year.

G

Interesting indeed... I don't understand how BAC scored higher than BK. Their show is not technical nor complicated, in fact, I found it rather mundane. They do not use the field, their color guard was boring, I just don't get it? :thumbdown:

Hmmn - I only have video to comment on as I have not seen anyone live, but I find BAC's show to be very technical. Certainly much more so than BK's. To my eyes and ears BK, BAC, and Blue Stars should be in the virtual toss up that they are in right now with roughly a 1 pt spread. Any of the 3 could beat the other on any given night. I prefer BK over both BAC and Blue Stars musically, but don't think they have the visual show to beat either in Indy. I think BK is the cleanest of the three, so if they are not beating them now that is going to make it tough on them when BS and BAC inevitably clean up.