Minneapolis Corps Directors Meeting

Ok.... as many here know, the Corps Directors were to meet in Minneapolis this weekend and discuss, among other things, some of this G-7 proposal a bit.

Many here have their sources inside these Corps.

So..... what can you share with us DCP'ers ? What happened ? What do your sources tell us happens next, and when ?

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok.... as many here know, the Corps Directors were to meet in Minneapolis this weekend and discuss, among other things, some of this G-7 proposal a bit.

Many here have their sources inside these Corps.

So..... what can you share with us DCP'ers ? What happened ? What do your sources tell us happens next, and when ?

Thanks in advance.

I have a feeling that it may be the philosophy "loose lips sink ships". I really don't care who actually LEAKS the details, but I too am very eager to hear what exactly happened.

I have a feeling that it may be the philosophy "loose lips sink ships". I really don't care who actually LEAKS the details, but I too am very eager to hear what exactly happened.

Pretty much what happened to the G7 proposal in the first place. It was not for public dissemination. It got leaked, and now we're all aware and discussing it. Can you imagine what would have happened if this had all remained behind closed doors?

I don't know who leaked the proposal and Power Point document, and I don't care. But I thank them for bringing this out of the dark and allowing it to be known to the community.

Further discussions should be transparent as well. The precedent has been set. Any more secrecy will only be seen as suspicious.

Garry in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor

What Happened? Nothing happened. The G7 were no shows.

According to my sources:

the meeting was officially a DCI Board meeting. Voting members frequently attend these meetings.

In this specific meeting, with most World Class corps in the area due to the show at the U of Minnesota, you might expect the directors from almost all WC corps to be there.

One might expect the G7 (or at least one or two directors representing the G7) to be there considering that they were specifically asked to be. Remember, the reaction of the old Board (which included 4 G7 members) when they heard the May proposal was to specifically ask for more details at this July meeting.

Instead:

From the G7 - only one corps director (Cavaliers) was in attendance - but he was only there representing his corps.

There was no G7 proposal clarification. There was no new replacement proposal.

Maybe they haven't figured out all those missing details.

Maybe its part of a larger strategy.

Maybe they're trying to make a statement (though it would be hard to know what that statement is if they don't tell anybody).

Maybe they've already "checked out".

Maybe they realize that they have painted themselves into a corner.

Maybe this is a delaying action.

Maybe this was an attempt at G7 solidarity.

Maybe there are cracks in the G7 solidarity and they can't agree on what to do next.

Draw your own conclusions.

Read on Snare Science forum some interesting things.

Bunch of knucklehead drummers. What the heck do they know besides Duts?

[/sarcasm]

I'm a drummer and go to SS for practice ditties. But I'm not a member there.

If you are you should point them to DCP for source data. Seems they're getting their info from DCIEurope? Why?

Send them here.

BTW, seems most of the posts are as negative to the G7 as DCP is, or seems.

According to my sources:

the meeting was officially a DCI Board meeting. Voting members frequently attend these meetings.

In this specific meeting, with most World Class corps in the area due to the show at the U of Minnesota, you might expect the directors from almost all WC corps to be there.

One might expect the G7 (or at least one or two directors representing the G7) to be there considering that they were specifically asked to be. Remember, the reaction of the old Board (which included 4 G7 members) when they heard the May proposal was to specifically ask for more details at this July meeting.

Instead:

From the G7 - only one corps director (Cavaliers) was in attendance - but he was only there representing his corps.

Maybe they're trying to make a statement (though it would be hard to know what that statement is if they don't tell anybody).

Maybe there are cracks in the G7 solidarity and they can't agree on what to do next.

Well now!

Ummmm.....

:cool:

According to my sources:

Instead:

Well, the only conclusion one can draw from this is that there continues to be deep divison between the G-7 and the non G-7. We do know that the remaining Non G-7 are united in their opposition to the G-7 scheme. We do not know right now how united the G-7 is among themselves. Time will tell why the G-7 took the unusual tactic of not attending the regularly scheduled DCI meeting in Minneapolis, except for The Cavaliers representation.

Edited by BRASSO

Not showing up (if this is in fact what happened), just tells me that they:

1. snubbed DCI.

2. gave up.

You have to consider that 2 G7 directors left the board and the others were voted off, correct?

Those 2 actions clearly show that the non G7 DCI corps showed some muscle .. and the 2 that vacated either gave up or said *&*%&* this.

You'll now see 1 of 3 results.

1. You'll never hear of this again.

2. They've already decided that they're leaving DCI after the season.

3. They're looking to grow their alliance and pull a "midwest combine" move ... taking the majority of World Class corps with them and leaving DCI altogether. (I really see this working the other way around .. but it's a thought).

When the dust settles, what remains of DCI will be the NON G3 or 4 corps. It will then be left in their hands to reorganize DCI with sweeping changes. Return to regional models for first tour. Foster programs to help corps establish themselves. Ensure existing corps stay healthy. More sharing of resources .... etc etc etc.

It's obviously time for some changes, and the G7 corps put themselves in a horribly bad situation when they lost control of the BOD. I think overall, this is a great thing for drum corps. I may even dust off my old business plan and start talking to some folks at DCI after the season is over about starting up a new corps (finally). I hope others out there will do the same and do their best to stay in the loop on anything and everything going on "behind closed doors". This is HUGE and will be talked about until drum corps no longer exists. I pray that day never comes.