Wichita Watering Hole

Lord No! BD's brass sounds like my old middle school band :thumbup: haha

...and really who cares what Maynard thinks....it's what I think....right? :thumbup:

Ummm, yeah.. They really do sound great this year and you should check them in warmup. It's pretty awesome, even for someone who likes the "Crown" sound... ( As snobby as I can say it..) :tongue:

Maynard ain't got nuttin on you! :smile:

Ummm, yeah.. They really do sound great this year and you should check them in warmup. It's pretty awesome, even for someone who likes the "Crown" sound... ( As snobby as I can say it..) :thumbup:

Maynard ain't got nuttin on you! :thumbup:

If I get to Indy a day or 2 early this year, I might just go do the Lot thing. I haven't had that experience since I marched.

I'm wondering what this does to bruckner's CI analysis ... Hehe

And I say that with respect

Something tells me he will be happy to have been proven wrong :-)

i'm sure he would say that Bluecoats have no shot at the title...

but I agree that he would love to be proven wrong.

I was at the show. The Blue Stars guard did not have a bad show. They had drops, but so did everyone. Glassmen do have a nice guard and they looked very clean from where I was sitting. However, it is hard for me to understand that kind of spread.

Regarding Crown and Bluecoats, if Crown performed their entire show like they do the first 7-8 minutes, they would be beating the Bluecoats. The Bluecoats are very good - great sound and very clean, but the visual beauty and overall show difficulty does not match Crown. Tonight performance beat design. Crown needs to perform the end of their show better. One thing that I noticed, that could keep Crown from challenging for the title, is their drum line seems to be lost during large sections of the show. I was listening to the horns and watching the guard and would not even notice the drums for minutes at a time. That did not happen while watching the Bluecoats or the Blue Stars.

The Blue Stars seem ready to take off score wise. I would have had them in the 84-84 range and was surprised by the 83.3 (until I saw the CG score). I think that will turn out to be anomaly. I am looking forward to seeing where the Blue Stars stack up with Phantom tomorrow and how that spread changes over the next ten days. I have a feeling it will be getting smaller.

The guard sheet is ensemble based. Content and Achievement..both 10 pts. Achievement is directly related to the Content. Content from corps to corps does not always contain the same depth of writing. "Timing" "drops" and "cleanliness" are relative to what is being asked of the performer.

Guard-ian..... I hear what you are saying..... ensamble being the entire guard as a whole... The CONTENT of the Blue Stars guard is very very hard..

I dont think anyone would disagree with that...... achievement..... again.. some drops.. (like everyone else) but that kind of spread by that judge just

doesnt seem understandable......... but more questionable then anything ! Again... and like many others feel.. this corps is not gettig truely rewarded

for it's CONTENT and ACHIEVEMENT by the judges.......(imho)

Guard-ian..... I hear what you are saying..... ensamble being the entire guard as a whole... The CONTENT of the Blue Stars guard is very very hard..

I dont think anyone would disagree with that...... achievement..... again.. some drops.. (like everyone else) but that kind of spread by that judge just

doesnt seem understandable......... but more questionable then anything ! Again... and like many others feel.. this corps is not gettig truely rewarded

for it's CONTENT and ACHIEVEMENT by the judges.......(imho)

Agreed! And I am sure that BS are not yet finished with their visual contribution this year. Time will tell, but I have faith.