Alumni Corps Performing at Finals

Has DCI produced a DVD of all the great Alumni Corps performances?(27,Madison,Bridgeman,Anehiem Kingsman,Santa Clara,St Joes(I am leaving at least one corps out and I saw them perform.They were great too)

Wow! What a lineup!

If yes,how do I purchase?

If no, do they have plans to?

I believe the ones you are forgetting are the Cavies. DCI has not only NOT produced a DVD of them, they don't even appear on the DVD's for whatever year it was that they performed. The only way you MIGHT be able to find anything would be to check TSTSNBN, my guess is that DCI doesn't want to go through the copyright hassles...less copyright issues if you are not broadcasting or recording IIRC. You might find something from Madison, Cavies or SCV at the current corps' souvie stands; Bridgemen do sell souvies at some of the shows they appear at, or try their website-MSJ is an active alumni corps too, so you might have some luck there. As far as 27, as far as I know George Bonfiglio retained the legal rights to the name and Light Brigade Alumni Corps is now gone (as is George, as of this past spring) so that one could be hard to find. Don't know about Kingsmen. This year's Star of Indiana Alumni should be one for the ages...don't know if DCI is planning on recording this or if this is another one that will have to be obtained from TSTSNBN.

The Cavaliers alumni show is included in the 2008 Season DVD the corps produced, but i'm unaware of any other way to get your own copy.

Kingsmen DVD was available at the xkingsmen website, probably still is....

There is another corps I did not list.

They performed at finals in the early 2000's.

I saw them live, just can't remember their name.

If nobody is selling the product, I don't see why fans can't shoot "non-pro" video of the alumni performance, or any performance that DCI is not video recording.

It's a shame that something can't be figured out here, as these are "once in a lifetime" performances, and I have enjoyed all of the alumni performances that I have seen greatly.....what was kind of cool is that some of them remind me of some great things that I loved about drum corps of the past that I find missing today.....and there is zero doubt that these shows still connect with the crowd......

Star Alumni is one of the main reasons I am going back to the Oil Can this year.........

GB

A certain video site has SOME of the BD/SCV alum gig from Stanford...unfortunately, almost all of the camera coverage was on the screaming upper leads on Side 2....there WERE people over on the other side of the 50!!

In 2002 at the DCI Championships in Madison, Wisconsin the Chicago Royal-Airs Reunion Corps performed . Go to their website and you can probably find something or someone who can help you obtain a dvd, While your at it you might also ask about a dvd of when they performed in 2002, 2003 ,2004, and 2005 at the DCA Alumni Corps spectacular Show in Scranton, Pennsylvania.

In 2002 at the DCI Championships in Madison, Wisconsin the Chicago Royal-Airs Reunion Corps performed .

Santa Clara Vanguard Alumni Corps also performed in 2002, the night of finals.

It was magical.