Rockford, IL July 18, 2010

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, G -- not this year. I'm on tour from San Antonio thru Atlanta, then I go home for a week and I'm back on tour for finals.

We'll see where 2011 takes me :)

Stef

Well then come find me in Atlanta! I'll be there for that show and free day the next day, then I'm home for a week and I get back on for finals week.

I realized after I wrote it that I must sound like one of those "oldsters" who likes what they grew up on and only that -- and I'm sorry of that offends anyone, I'm all for liking what you like.. but it's no secret I get annoyed with the stubborn inability (or conscious decision not) to appreciate what drum corps became and is still evolving into.. The first drum corps I EVER saw was 1984 Garfield and so I was "raised" on a steadily changing diet of 80s and 90s drum corps.. what I know of angles and old-school is what I learned after the fact from old videos and friends I made along the way.

Irving, it sounds like Atlanta will be a good time.. I hope to see you there!

Stef

Stef sounds like Atlanta will be the place to meet :laughing: During Cadets performance you will always find my close to the press box. That may be a difficult place for us to meet since you'll be in your seat. We can try meeting at the souvie truck after the show. I will be there as long as I can before we have to load up the vehicles and take off for S. Carolina. If that doesn't work just look for me over by the buses and ask anyone where Irving is. I'm usually laughing having some fun. I look forward to meeting you.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Stef sounds like Atlanta will be the place to meet :laughing: During Cadets performance you will always find my close to the press box. That may be a difficult place for us to meet since you'll be in your seat. We can try meeting at the souvie truck after the show. I will be there as long as I can before we have to load up the vehicles and take off for S. Carolina. If that doesn't work just look for me over by the buses and ask anyone where Irving is. I'm usually laughing having some fun. I look forward to meeting you.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

LOL

Irving, are you under the impression I'll be sitting down?? :)

yeah, no. I'm sewing crew this trip so I'll be on the field and then in staging with Cavaliers until the capes are on the DM & Guard Sargeant.. and I'll have a bit rolling cart that goes with me everywhere like it's my wooby.. Maybe we should shoot for the lot?