Mini-Van Buren

Once again, this season is a week longer than last year. There is now SERIOUS danger of maxing out early and stagnating or being caught by finals ..... again. I hope BD can continue their dominance through finals ... but that score at this point doesn't bode well looking at the next 3.5 weeks.

OMG! Have you seen them? They are nowhere near maxing out the show and would daresay are dirtier at this point than either Crown or Bluecoats. The show is really that good that the score is justified right now. If, and if, they can really do it clean, it could be the highest score we have seen. It's so freakin hard that if they pull it off, it will be off the charts! Every night I look at recaps with total turnover in judging panels and yet, the same dominance each performance. Either total conspiracy and cheating is going on (don't answer some of you... :laughing: ) or maybe, just maybe, they are really good again this year.

I'd say 2 points ahead to this point is a clear indication that the other corps better either 1) clean like never before, or 2) make huge changes and clean like never before in that time frame. I'm not saying it's my favorite musical show this year either, but you have to give that design credit for being incredibly intricate, dense and layered like no other show out there this year. It's a designers feast and the visual/musical possibilities are still endless and maybe 70% developed, if that, at this point.

Peaking early will likely not be a problem this year for BD. I think they learned their lesson in pacing after the 2008 season... :thumbup:

Edited by trumpetcam

I'm not either, I'm really happy to see it though, but I was thinking 77.9 or around there for tonight. Different judges and views I guess. Who knows!

Colts were at 77.1 before St. Louis and dropped down to 76.55. So if you think about it the score jumped 2.8 compared to their previous high score. I like that Crossmen kept their upward trend with another 1.2 point gain. So the last two shows Crossmen have gone up 4.05 points. Looks like the changes and cleaning helped get them on the right track. Troopers dropped again in the Oklahoma show and The Academy dropped at the Odessa show just a little. The corps in the 12-17 range are starting to compress together in scores. :laughing: Will be fun to watch.

If a top 5 corps jumped 3 points in one night id say its even less likely to be legit as its MUCH harder to improve 3 points in the 90s than it is 3 points in the 70s

If I'm not mistaken...only BD has broken 90

OMG! Have you seen them? They are nowhere near maxing out the show and would daresay are dirtier at this point than either Crown or Bluecoats. The show is really that good that the score is justified right now. If, and if, they can really do it clean, it could be the highest score we have seen. It's so freakin hard that if they pull it off, it will be off the charts! Every night I look at recaps with total turnover in judging panels and yet, the same dominance each performance. Either total conspiracy and cheating is going on (don't answer some of you... :laughing: ) or maybe, just maybe, they are really good again this year.

I'd say 2 points ahead to this point is a clear indication that the other corps better either clean like never before, or make big changes and clean like never before. I'm not saying it's my favorite musical show this year either, but you have to give that design credit for being incredibly intricate, dense and layered like no other show out there this year. It's a designers feast and the visual/musical possibilities are still endless and maybe 70% developed, if that, at this point.

Peaking early will likely not be a problem this year for BD. I think they learned their lesson in pacing to the end after the 2008 season... :thumbup:

Yes.

Colts were at 77.1 before St. Louis and dropped down to 76.55. So if you think about it the score jumped 2.8 compared to their previous high score. I like that Crossmen kept their upward trend with another 1.2 point gain. So the last two shows Crossmen have gone up 4.05 points. Looks like the changes and cleaning helped get them on the right track. Troopers dropped again in the Oklahoma show and The Academy dropped at the Odessa show just a little. The corps in the 12-17 range are starting to compress together in scores. :laughing: Will be fun to watch.

Oh my bad. Troopers didn't drop, but only increased ..450 therefore falling behind Spirit, Crossmen who both are at 77.850 then Colts, The Academy, then Glassmen sitting at #12.

So far... but all of the top 5 arent that far from it, especially with some having a couple rehearsal days here.

Edited by AlexL

Getting off topic..

Whaddya mean? I thought every thread is expected to become the bash BD topic after each 3rd post? :laughing:

It's sad huh?

Edited by trumpetcam

Actually, BD has made 90 its biach! :laughing: