Most you've ever been entertained at a drum corps show, 2005-2010

2007&2008 PR

2007 Crown

And even though I'm not a BD fan I loved Winged Victory. See,I will admit it when they have a show I like!

Can't wait to see them all in Allentown this year!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My moment was...

Attending 2005 semis with a drum corps rookie. He was impressed from the start but as each of the top 10 finished, he turned to me and asked: There are nine corps better than that? There are eight corps better than that? There are seven ...

Validation is a wonderful thing.

HH

I never get tired of that response from newcomers. I also like when the second corps performs and they pronounce them the winners, then after the third corps they have that "I was wrong" look on their face.

2008 Bluecoats. Think it might have been Centerville, Ohio. After performing, a bunch of my friends and I ran back to the stadium to catch Bluecoats. Sat down in the first or second row, right on the side 2 30..... Without knowing what was coming. When they got to the impact in "The Boxer", I think I got blown back a few rows in the stands. Definitely one of those moments that sticks with me.

2005 Cadets, PR, Spirit,

2006 Machine, Faust, Godfather part Blue, Spirit's opener.

2007 Spirit encore " Georgia on My Mind" soloist was my kid that year. Awesome feeling!

2008 Bluecoats boxer ballad....just wow. BD & PR at finals.

2009 Finals, Blue Devils undefeated! Kid got a ring and is still grinning.

Crossmen were given the opportunity to watch finals in 05 after not making it that year. I was crazy impressed at BD that year, as well as Cadets. Otherwise, I didn't see a live show until 09 after I aged out.

I'm going to have to say the entire 2005 finals show in Foxboro. Muggy weather, lightening delays, and yet every corps tore up the field. Crown gave me chills, SCV brought power, Bluecoats were awesome, Madison brought the entertainment factor, Cadets were on fire, and Phantom got the crowd on their feet. SCV had been waiting outside the entrance during the delay and you could tell they were amped up while warming up right outside the gate.

Something about the entire night/atmosphere just made it special.

The humidity made that special glow almost from the lights, didn't it? Hearing SCV warm up before coming on because of the delay was awesome, too. I think they played some Phantom of the Opera too. Cadets lit it up. :)

1. 2005 Cadets

2. 2007 Cadets/ 2009 Vanguard

3. 2010 Bluecoats/ 2009 Cadets

4. 2009 Crown

5. 2005 Phantom

6. 2006 Blue Devils

7. 2007 Cavies

8. 2008 Vanguard

9. 2010 Madison

10. 2005 Blue Devils