Penalties

I can just see it now. A corps is running late for a show, so a director or tour manager decides to tell a driver to push the envelope and 50 kids wind up as blood stains on a highway in sometown anystate. That's not being punctual, it's being stupid.

Don't you find that scenario to be a little dramatic? Like soccerguy said, I can't just tell my boss I'll show up when I want to.

Well I could but there would be a penalty for it, probably a more severe one than just taking off a few points at a trivial show that would most likely only affect performance order slightly.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Genius, this isn't a thread about the BK penalty, it is a discussion about penalties in general. Check your stuff before you make a post that is irrelevant, inaccurate, and completely unnecessary.... and oh by the way got PWNED by someone who took the time to read the thread title.

Hey, dude...why the rude comment? Alright, so this isn't about the BK non-penalty, but that was the catalyst for this thread in the first place, so back off the kid. So sorry you didn't approve of his post...I never realized that you alone are the judge of topic post relevancy.

which corps director are you seeing that is putting the kids in danger to get to the show on time instead of getting a meaningless penalty?

If Mandarins (corps that usually goes on early; chosen at random) decided they wanted to go on last at every show, would it be ok if they just showed up at 9pm every night?

I was merely writing in the hypothetical, which I assumed would be obvious, but I was wrong.

Don't you find that scenario to be a little dramatic? Like soccerguy said, I can't just tell my boss I'll show up when I want to.

Well I could but there would be a penalty for it, probably a more severe one than just taking off a few points at a trivial show that would most likely only affect performance order slightly.

Whatever - but taking unessesary risks can get people killed. I saw a commissioned officer court martialed and convicted for it once.

Hey, dude...why the rude comment? Alright, so this isn't about the BK non-penalty, but that was the catalyst for this thread in the first place, so back off the kid. So sorry you didn't approve of his post...I never realized that you alone are the judge of topic post relevancy.

Thank you Marc! That's DCP for ya though. Obviously BK was brought up 3 posts down into the topic...so don't tell me the thread has NOTHING to do with them. And even if you did PWN me....who cares. It's a computer, it's not like something jumped out of the screen at me.

Lol, so even though I copied the "tone" of their post verbatim (which was the point) I'm some kind of villain, but it's fine for them to take off someones head for making a valid post relevant to the thread. I see. I was putting it back in his face because HIS tone was uncalled for. But whatever, enjoy.

if that was directed at me, I have posted in other threads that I am very in favor of penalties when corps don't meet the time requirement. Especially for only putting out 80% of their show.

Not really directed anywhere. Just kind of a statement overall. The corps get penalized for starting late but recieve no penaltie when their show isn't completely done, and they stop and blow. Yet, none of those corps didn't have their NONJUDGED intro down pat..... just saying. Priorities.

Thank you Marc! That's DCP for ya though. Obviously BK was brought up 3 posts down into the topic...so don't tell me the thread has NOTHING to do with them. And even if you did PWN me....who cares. It's a computer, it's not like something jumped out of the screen at me.

heh, great visual there.