2010 DCA Finals Predictions

Inspires were the first 21st century International Champs. The first International champs were the Senators from England in the 90's.

Dave Correia

RI Royal Lancers 1962-1969 Baritone,Contra

RI Matadors 1969-1987, Reunion '99, Ensemble 2007 Contra

RI Generations 1995-2000, Mini corps 2009 Contra

Light Brigade LTD Revere MA 2008- RIP Contra

Mass Legends of Drum Corps 2008-???? Contra

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has there ever been an international "champion" that was NOT the only international corps at the show? In other words, have any of the international "champions" ever beat out another international corps at the same contest to achieve that honor?

The first International champs were the Senators from England in the 90's.

Not to be picky but it was the Southern Knights from England back in the 90's

Kidsgrove would be the International champ, I believe..... because Grennies are a North American corps. Last I checked. :laughing:

Correct Fran we pay a dude to let us cross the bridge there really isn't a skill testing question or anything(Monty Python).

We then talk to another dude or dudette show them stuff and welcome to the US. Great people and we are thankful to go to a country where we have so many friends and feel welcomed. Not to mention having the opportunity to be under the DCA umbrella.

h

Kidsgrove would be the International champ, I believe..... because Grennies are a North American corps. Last I checked. :laughing:

as much as we like to treat Canada as the red headed ######## step child 51st state, it is another country.

I knew it !!!!!! I was just about to post DON'T YOU DARE SAY IT....LMAO

That alone should ban you for at least a week.... :laughing:

why ban me for using common sense and logic?

h

as much as we like to treat Canada as the red headed ######## step child 51st state, it is another country.

I believe the DCA rules state that the "international champion" is the top-scoring/placing non-North American corps.

So that rules out Canada and California. :laughing:

Edited by Fran Haring

Has there ever been an international "champion" that was NOT the only international corps at the show? In other words, have any of the international "champions" ever beat out another international corps at the same contest to achieve that honor?

I don't think that's ever happened.

The only non-North American corps that I recall competing at DCAs were the Southern Knights in 1990... and the Inspires in 2002 and '04. And of course Kidsgrove Scouts this year.

I believe the DCA rules state that the "international champion" is the top-scoring/placing non-North American corps.

So that rules out Canada and California. :laughing:

poor Canada. I feel an episode of South Park breaking out

I don't think that's ever happened.

The only non-North American corps that I recall competing at DCAs were the Southern Knights in 1990... and the Inspires in 2002 and '04. And of course Kidsgrove Scouts this year.

Then I would like to congratulate the 2010 Kidsgrove Scouts on ALREADY becoming the 2010 DCA International Champion.

(Perhaps I should wait until their flight lands??)