DCI Central Oklahoma

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Phantom Regiment:

This show is beautiful, The opening is amazing, and Arranged so well. Phantom has made me fall back in love with them, The music is some of the most unique and well written I think they have played in a while. I love the out of uniform soloist. The Drum book is freaking INSANE, my god their line is good. The guard work has gotten better, and they had a good show tonight I think, Though the ending was a bit Meh in my opinion, so i am thinking they might change that. If not, then it probably works well, I was just too busy drooling over some the guard girls. (there really pretty). Phantoms show is beautiful and I love it.

I saw their show in Rockford and couldn't help thinking, "This may have been the year to go back to an all-girl guard". Thoughts?

I think Crown is the biggest threat to BD, this year.

No, they're not. Unless BD lays a major brontosaurs egg on finals night (and even that's no guarantee of failure for this corps), they will, yet again, win another championship.

I saw their show in Rockford and couldn't help thinking, "This may have been the year to go back to an all-girl guard". Thoughts?

I think they should go back to an all girl

guard for this year, I think it would work wonderful with the show, and give a chance for all the guys in the crowd to droll some

No, they're not. Unless BD lays a major brontosaurs egg on finals night (and even that's no guarantee of failure for this corps), they will, yet again, win another championship.

mkay, that's cool -- but I didn't say BD wouldn't win. I just said Crown is a big (maybe the biggest) threat. Their show is sophisticated and effective, even if it's a little too similar to last year. I think they, and probably the Cadets, are the corps that won't make BD's job easy. I think the Bluecoats and the Cavs are also on track to do really, really well; love their shows. I think SCV's show is a bit unfocused, this year, but very good; I'm not sure how things will play out for them, in this crowd. Same for PR.

I'm really excited about drum corps this year. So many great, championship-worthy shows. Thank goodness. One-horse races are boring.

Edited by saxfreq1128

mkay, that's cool -- but I didn't say BD wouldn't win. I just said Crown is a big (maybe the biggest) threat. Their show is sophisticated and effective, even if it's a little too similar to last year. I think they, and probably the Cadets, are the corps that won't make BD's job easy. I think the Bluecoats and the Cavs are also on track to do really, really well; love their shows. So many great, championship-worthy shows. Thank goodness. One-horse races are boring.

As much as I would love to agree with you, yes there are a few championship-worthy shows, but it is fairly obvious that this is, yet again, a "one horse race" and that horse just happens to be BD, and no one really cares about a race for second. That's like kissing your sister. TWICE! The first time its nice, after that, you're just a perv. (jk)

I don't see them not being allowed to fulfill their destiny of another undefeated season. Of course, they have to make it interesting, but BD is points ahead of everyone and I don't see that changing. Had Crown stayed undefeated until going up against BD, MAYBE, they had a shot, now, I don't think so. Besides, their drumline is KILLING them. (kind of like Regiments guard)

In reality, I think the Cadets and Coats will be fighting it out for second as first is a foregone conclusion.

The again, I could be wrong, and I hope I am.

Edited by Rocketman

I don't think Crown is a threat for 2nd personally.