The Ultimate Guide to the Atlanta Regional

I’ve done this for a few years now and got feed back that it helped some folks out so I thought I’d do it again. Hopefully this info will help! Feel free to send me questions via PM if you want or just post on here - I'll check often.

I’ll update this initial post as new info comes in so check back regularly if you like.

Driving Directions to the Red Parking Deck ($10/day):

*** I recommend parking in the Red Deck (over 3,000 spaces) versus the private lots that may charge more than $10; there is constant security patrol and it is well lit at night. The Orange Lot ($8/day) beside the Dome between Gates A & D is also patrolled.

From the Airport and the South:

Take I-75/85 North to the Andrew Young International Boulevard exit (Exit 248C). Turn left onto Andrew Young International Boulevard. Turn left onto Centennial Olympic Park Drive. Cross Marietta Street and go past CNN Center and the Philips Arena. Turn right onto Andrew Young International Boulevard. Parking in the GWCC Red Parking Deck will be on the right.

From the North:

Take I-75/85 South to Williams Street (Exit 249C). Turn right onto Baker Street. At first traffic light turn left onto Centennial Olympic Park Drive. Follow Centennial Olympic Park Drive until you cross Marietta Street and go past CNN Center and the Philips Arena. Turn right onto Andrew Young International Boulevard. Parking in the GWCC Red Parking Deck will be on the right.

From the West:

Take I-20 East to Spring Street (Exit 56B). Turn left onto Spring Street and then left on to Marietta Street. Turn left onto Centennial Olympic Park Drive and go past CNN Center and the Philips Arena. Turn right onto Andrew Young International Boulevard. Parking in the GWCC Red Parking Deck will be on the right.

From the East:

Take I-20 West to Spring Street (Exit 56B). Turn right onto Spring Street and then left on to Marietta Street. Turn left onto Centennial Olympic Park Drive and go past CNN Center and the Philips Arena. Turn right onto Andrew Young International Boulevard. Parking in the GWCC Red Parking Deck will be on the right.

MARTA – Public Transportation/Rail

From the North/South line, go to the Five Points station Downtown and transfer to the East/West line going West. Go one stop to the GWCC/Philips Arena/Dome stop.

Where to Stay Overnight/Hotels

There are several hotels Downtown, but some of these may be a little pricy. Send me a private message if you need advice on where to stay or have questions about the place you have already booked.

Dining Options

1. Inside the Dome – plenty of food options, but a little pricy. You’ll find typical concessions on all three levels. The Club Level (Level 2) will have a bit more higher end/made-to-order options.

2. CNN Center at Philips Arena – this is located across the street from the Dome and beside the Convention Center (about 5 minute walk). Food Court has lots of options for fast food. There is also a Taco Mac (lots of TVs over 135 beers on tap) and a Dantanna’s (slight step up from Taco Mac in quality & price). Either of these places are PERFECT for meeting groups for food before going to the show.

3. Down the street is Centennial Olympic Park and the GA Aquarium. A LOT of new restaurants like Johnny Rocket’s have popped up over here. A bit more of a walk, but worth checking out.

4. Pack a basket, blanket and cooler and picnic! Above the Red Parking Deck is a large grassy plaza with a nice fountain and some trees for shade.

5. If you want to drive to somewhere more unique, send me a private message; I know the area well and can help you pick something yummy!

Corps Housing (this will be updated as new info comes in)

1. The Academy

2. Blue Devils– UPDATE - Have changed to Woodstock HS in Woodstock GA according to website (arrive Sat. at 7am)

3. Blue Knights – Centennial High School 9310 Scott Rd Roswell, GA30076 (July 30-31)

4. Blue Stars – East Coweta High School 400 McCollum Sharpsburg Road Sharpsburg, GA 30277 (arrive Sat. at 4am)

5. Bluecoats – Woodland High School 800 North Moseley Drive Stockbridge GA, 30281

6. Boston Crusaders – McEachern High School 2400 New Macland Road Powder Springs, GA 30127

7. The Cadets – Sandy Creek High School 360 Jenkins Road Tyrone, GA 30290

8. Carolina Crown – Kell High School 4700 Lee Water Road Marietta, GA 30066

9. Cascades – Oconee County High School, 2721 Hog Mountain Rd., Watkinsville, GA 30677

10. The Cavaliers – Salem HS 3551 Underwood Conyers, GA 30013

11. Colts – Peachtree Ridge HS 1555 Old Peachtree Road Suwannee, GA 30024 (arrive Fri. at 5:30am)

12. Crossmen – UPDATE - Adairsville High School 519 Old Highway 41 NW, Adairsville, GA

13. Glassmen

14. Jersey Surf – Pleasant Valley HS 4141 Pleasant Valley Rd Jacksonville, AL 36265 (arrive 7/29 at 7am)

15. Madison Scouts – South Gwinnett High School 2288 Main Street E. Snellville GA 30078 (arrive Sat. at 4am)

16. Mandarins – Pickens County High School, 500 Dragon Drive, Jasper, GA 30143

17. Pacific Crest

18. Phantom Regiment – Collins Hill High School 50 Taylor Rd. Suwanee, GA 30024

19. Pioneer – Temple High School 589 Sage St. Temple, GA 30179

20. Santa Clara Vanguard – Flowery Branch High School 6603 Spout Springs Rd Flowery Branch, GA 30542

21. Spirit– Spaulding HS 433 Wilson Road Griffin, GA 30224

22. Teal Sound – Cedar Shoals High School 1300 Cedar Shals Dr. Athens-Clarke County GA 30605

23. Troopers

Show Line-up

2:50 PM – Welcome and National Anthem

3:00 PM – Alliance - Atlanta, GA

3:17 PM – Atlanta CorpsVets - Atlanta, GA

3:34 PM – Cascades - Seattle, WA

3:51 PM – Pioneer - Milwaukee, WI

4:08 PM - Mandarins - Sacramento, CA

4:25 PM – Teal Sound - Jacksonville, FL

4:42 PM – Pacific Crest - Diamond Bar, CA

4:59 PM – Jersey Surf - Camden County, NJ*

5:16 PM – Spirit - Atlanta, GA

5:33 PM – Crossmen - San Antonio, TX

5:50 PM – Troopers - Casper, WY

6:07 PM – Colts - Dubuque, IA

6:24 PM – The Academy - Tempe, AZ

6:41 PM – Intermission - 51 min.

7:32 PM – Blue Knights - Denver, CO

7:49 PM – Madison Scouts - Madison, WI

8:06 PM – Glassmen - Toledo, OH

8:23 PM – Blue Stars - La Crosse, WI

8:40 PM – Phantom Regiment - Rockford, IL

8:57 PM – Boston Crusaders - Boston, MA

9:14 PM – The Cadets - Allentown, PA

9:31 PM – Carolina Crown - Fort Mill, SC

9:48 PM – Santa Clara Vanguard - Santa Clara, CA

10:05 PM – Bluecoats - Canton, OH

10:22 PM – The Cavaliers - Rosemont, IL

10:39 PM – Blue Devils - Concord, CA

10:56 PM – Full Retreat with last 12 performing corps

FAQ’s

1. Where do we enter the Dome? Gates B, C and D will be the entrances – these are adjacent to the Red Parking Deck.

2. When do gates open? 2pm EST

3. Show time? 3pm (line-up TBD)

4. Where is Will Call & Ticket Sales located? Both are located between Gate D and Gate A on Georgia Dome Drive.

5. Where do the corps warm-up? All corps will be warming up in the Yellow Parking Lot which is located on the opposite side of the Dome from the entrance at Gate D. If you go to Gate B you’ll be on Northside Drive – walk in front of Bldg C of the Congress Center and the Yellow Lot is on the other side.

6. Where will the Souvie Trailers be located? As in the past, souvie trailers will be located inside the Dome on the Level 1 concourse.

7. Can you leave and re-enter the Dome? I need to find out to be 100%, but I believe you can get your hand stamped to return to the Dome if you leave at any point during the day (you probably also need you ticket stub).

Edited by chadwick

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typically when does a corp arrive at their housing site? Woodland high school is right up the street from me and I defintely want to see the Bluecoats.

Tweeting the show from Section 221. :laughing: Say hey!

Blue Knights Housing Info for your list:

Centennial High School

9310 Scott Rd

Roswell, GA30076

July 30-31

Thanks!

I also added a note about re-entry - to my knowledge, you can leave and come back in but you need to get your hand stamped and hold on to your ticket stub.

Here are a few more details on the day's schedule:

Gates open at 2 p.m.

The first exhibition corps, Alliance, steps off at 3 p.m.

The second exhibition corps, CorpsVets, steps off at 3:17.

The first DCI corps steps off at 3:34.

There is one 51-minute intermission at 6:41 p.m., with the first of the top 12-seeded corps stepping off at 7:32.

The last corps steps off at 10:39.

There is no encore scheduled, BUT there will be a FULL RETREAT with the top 12-seeded corps, beginning at 10:56.