Sun Devils Jamestown, NY Travel Thread

JJ

We had your bus driver from last year who drove home from Rochester. He showed me where you all had that equipment failure.

Glad the corps is back and happy to hear that the equipment will make it back too.

Congrats Sun Devils!!!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dwayne and Gary...

Thank you from the entire Sun Devils organization! I am personally quite touched by your generosity.

Folks - THIS is what drum corps is all about. It's about family.

Again...thank you.

I'm not a computer Geek so help me/everyone out here. Where/how do we donate..? Don't have much but willing to help. And you're right.....this is what family (Drum Corps' Community) is about. No matter the amount. A whole bunch of $5.00 bills can add up really quicky. $10's and $20's even quicker. Remember folks.............. they have to come back in just 5 weeks. Just sayin.........

Edited by melligene

I'm not a computer Geek so help me/everyone out here. Where/how do we donate..? Don't have much but willing to help. And you're right.....this is what family (Drum Corps' Community) is about. No matter the amount. A whole bunch of $5.00 bills can add up really quicky. $10's and $20's even quicker. Remember folks.............. they have to come back in just 5 weeks. Just sayin.........

If you go to the corps website: http://sundevilscorps.org

There is a "Make a Donation" button on the right hand side. That will take you to a page where you can donate via PayPal.

Thanks to everyone for their support! As JJ said, we are hoping to find someone with a heavy duty tow vehicle that will help us get to Atlanta (twice) and Rochester. If not, we will have to rent something to tow our larger trailer and that is definitely not in the budget (nor was renting the U-Haul's this weekend).

Jacksonville and Orlando drop offs are complete and the main body of the corps is still en route to North Port.

The equipment truck and trailer have suffered serious mechanical problems.

What happened to the trailer?

The short story - severe engine trouble. So much so that we had to rent a U-haul somewhere in West Virginia. We had to leave the truck and the trailer up there. The BOD is devising a plan to go pick up the trailer. Unsure of what to do with the truck. What a week. And it is only Monday!

The short story - severe engine trouble. So much so that we had to rent a U-haul somewhere in West Virginia. We had to leave the truck and the trailer up there. The BOD is devising a plan to go pick up the trailer. Unsure of what to do with the truck. What a week. And it is only Monday!

Dang that has to suck.

put Ol yellar up on craig's list in the area where it broke down. Trade it to someone willing to bring the trailer back to Fla. Time for another vehicle. That truck paid for itself 3x over but it is probably time to say goodbye.

Jamestown was a great show! Our members could not wait to get the show on the field after that crazy storm. We thought we were getting away from the humidity, but rather it felt like an every day Sunday afternoon on a camp day.

Thanks for the hospitality. The show site was easily Box 5 and so were the showers!

:tongue:Sun Devils:

On behalf of the Brigadiers I want you to know how much we appreciate your hard work, your long hours, and your performance this past weekend. We were honored to have you with us!

"Box 5" is high praise indeed! Much thanks to Carl Vullo and the Jamestown High School Music Boosters for the top notch facilities.

Scott Mescon

Brigadiers 1993-