The OFFICIAL Pro-G7 Thread

G-x Split takes place .. they basically end up with a touring circuit just like DCI rather than branching too far out of what they already know .. considering this is a 3-7 corps "show" ... I can't see them veering too far from the format. They make all the money, control the tour and all the spoils and run big shows with hopes of filling stadiums to capacity on concert side. It's DCI with 5ish corps under a different name. The marketing is successful and their website becomes the hotspot for VOD's and mp3 downloads ... megabucks. Congrats!

The corps that are left stay under the name for DCI for a while until they realize they can only support a 1 month tour .... revert back to regional organizations for first tour adding 50 shows to the touring schedule. A flood of new corps and old corps come back into the fray now that the others are gone and out of the voting pool. DCA steps in and partners with the NEW DCI for first tour, inviting the corps to come to the already established DCA show sites ..... eventually DCA takes over DCI and manages the entire tour. DCA regional organizations handle June to mid July ... then the official DCI tour ramps up.

A return to precision marching ... color guards will still have the WGI influence .. after all they already do have that influence on DCA guards as well. Corps membership qualifications reverts back to corps size .. under 90 members is Class A ... over 90 is World Class.

2 healthy circuits ... the ones drawing the huge crowds .... and the DCI/DCA circuits who return to grass roots drum corps and stay healthy by touring closer to home with more shows available for drum corps fans to witness. In the end there will be another 7 or 8 super corps coming out of this circuit .. but they will have learned from the lessons of the G7ish ......... and not be so greedy. Everyone wins and drum corps becomes more well known, accessible, and viable as a commercial product.

Yes, please...love it. Can the original DCI get rid of electronics too? Love it even more !!! Could we also go back to 128 members so all of the talent doesn't gravitate to the top corps? Loving this more and more !!! I wouldn't spit on a G7 show, but that "reformed" DCI group sounds like a happening activity !!!! :thumbdown:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, please...love it. Can the original DCI get rid of electronics too? Love it even more !!! Could we also go back to 128 members so all of the talent doesn't gravitate to the top corps? Loving this more and more !!! I wouldn't spit on a G7 show, but that "reformed" DCI group sounds like a happening activity !!!! :tongue:

:smile:

I come on here almost daily just to see the love for this so called g7. Where is it? You 7 Corps either step up or end this crusade. A pin point presentation would be fine with me. That would be a funny way to end this. Then we could just concentrate on whats really important, the 2011 DCI season. Gabish!

I come on here almost daily just to see the love for this so called g7. Where is it? You 7 Corps either step up or end this crusade. A pin point presentation would be fine with me. That would be a funny way to end this. Then we could just concentrate on whats really important, the 2011 DCI season. Gabish!

i'm sure others would be more inclined to post their opinions if 5 out of the last 6 posts weren't from someone who's sole purpose is to post here daily and challenge those who might have different ideas. just a thought.

According to The Cavaliers Director voicing the Official position, 2 salient points stand out;

1) The Cavaliers have no intention of quitting DCI

(Not surprising since Don Warren was an original Founder!)

2) DCI needs changing

(Positive Point: This G7 issue just MIGHT be the kick in the pants DCI needs!)

According to The Cavaliers Director voicing the Official position, 2 salient points stand out;

1) The Cavaliers have no intention of quitting DCI

(Not surprising since Don Warren was an original Founder!)

2) DCI needs changing

(Positive Point: This G7 issue just MIGHT be the kick in the pants DCI needs!)

I would modify this to say that the G7 threat and their subsequent removal from the prime decision positions may allow the kick-in-the-pants to finally be effective at changing DCI's practices.

It's all good. I LOVE the G7 for that! ($1 to Lance) :tongue: