The OFFICIAL Pro-G7 Thread

I'm not bashing dinos at all, I'm talking about the people who always without fail find something in the activity to complain about. Seriously, this activity has given more to most of us than anything else I can think of. This activity has been the most positive experience of my life so far, and I do take offense when people sit around and complain about it. I find it immature. There's always something good in DCI that you can find. It's not all negative. The positives will always outweigh any negatives.

Signed,

A proud G7 corps member.

The most NEGATVE thing to come down the pike in decades was a power grab attempt concocted behind closed doors by a small cadre of selfish and greedy people that desired to plunder their competitors by stripping them of their DCI votes, garnishing the best venues and time slots for shows, hand picking their own judges, extorting more show receipt revenues for themselves at the expense of others, attempts to institutionalizng a permanent group slotting sytem within the World Class Division, and recommending the ouster ( and immediate death ) from DCI of 95% of the Open Class Corps, etc and other " negative " assaults on the guiding 35 year old principles and philosophies of DCI.

The most POSITIVE thing to come down the pike in decades was the manner in which such a ghastly scheme was immediately exposed, and then in which subsequent positive steps were taken by the current Executive Director and the majority of DCI membership to prevent this Coup d' etat and to immediately vote to replace these greedy and selfish people on the Board with a new DCI Executive Board more in keeping with the long held principles and philosophies of DCI.

"The positives will always outweigh the negatives,", just as you said, fsubone. This is where we all can agree too.

As the proud supporter of DCI that you claim to be fsubone, you should be comforted by the fact that the principles and philosophies of DCI that you say you have long cherished was preserved here. It was not hijacked by a small handful of people who sought to advance their own Corps at the expense of fair, open, and transparent competition that is even handed and above board for all. This is indeed good and positive news to be happy about here imo, fsubone.

Edited by BRASSO

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we've also heard stories about parking snafus where the caravans of later-performing corps block earlier corps from exiting....and housing snafus that prevent the early departing corps from entering housing sites at an earlier arrival time. It's not just time management.

And there are also times when the corps is allowed to stick around at a show. I remember back when I was in Open Class, we'd perform usually first or second at a show, then we'd get to stick around for most of the big corps. So we'd be leaving usually around the same time the later corps were leaving the stadium.

The most NEGATVE thing to come down the pike in decades was a power grab attempt concocted behind closed doors by a small cadre of selfish and greedy people that desired to plunder their competitors by stripping them of their DCI votes, garnishing the best venues and time slots for shows, hand picking their own judges, extorting more show receipt revenues for themselves at the expense of others, attempts to institutionalizng a permanent group slotting sytem within the World Class Division, and recommending the ouster ( and immediate death ) from DCI of 95% of the Open Class Corps, etc and other " negative " assaults on the guiding 35 year old principles and philosophies of DCI.

The most POSITIVE thing to come down the pike in decades was the manner in which such a ghastly scheme was immediately exposed, and then in which subsequent positive steps were taken by the current Executive Director and the majority of DCI membership to prevent this Coup d' etat and to immediately vote to replace these greedy and selfish people on the Board with a new DCI Executive Board more in keeping with the long held principles and philosophies of DCI.

"The positives will always outweigh the negatives,", just as you said, fsubone. This is where we all can agree too.

As the proud supporter of DCI that you claim to be fsubone, you should be comforted by the fact that the principles and philosophies of DCI that you say you have long cherished was preserved here. It was not hijacked by a small handful of people who sought to advance their own Corps at the expense of fair, open, and transparent competition that is even handed and above board for all. This is indeed good and positive news to be happy about here imo, fsubone.

All very good and valid points. Thank you for it. We'll all just have to wait and see what has happened with all of this, nothing has come up since the last meetings, so it could be dead in the water right now.

GIVE US THE CHANCE ... to come through?

If it's good enough for the ballet, surely it might help ... drum corps?

Curious, and essential reading, to consider with the topic at hand. (With links)

GIVE US THE CHANCE ... to come through?

If it's good enough for the ballet, surely it might help ... drum corps?

Curious, and essential reading, to consider with the topic at hand. (With links)

Interesting that they're just talking to the audience, and not introducing tap or jitterbug during the performance.