Dallas, Texas day 2

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty impressed by the spread considering the tear in the ensemble tonight. Clean clean clean!!!

Pretty impressed by the spread considering the tear in the ensemble tonight. Clean clean clean!!!

and last night and the night before and the night before and the night before.....

sorry

So what's with the negative audience stuff?

Booing during encore or just at scores?

I hate booing at shows- leave the kids out of it

I was at the show and heard nothing of the sort.

Oh, and I thought Bluecoats were the obvious winner tonight. Aside from all of the timing issues, Crown just seemed flat.

After seeing all of the shows over the past two nights, I see the current top 5 as:

1. Blue Devils

2. Cavaliers

3. Bluecoats

4. Crown

5. Cadets

Ive looked through several years in the 70s on corpsreps to try to confirm, but i believe tonight's score may be the closest blue stars have been to santa clara vanguard since they beat them in 1972 at finals. (and if blue stars catch them at any point, it will also be the first time theyve done that since then as well)

Oh, and I thought Bluecoats were the obvious winner tonight. Aside from all of the timing issues, Crown just seemed flat.

After seeing all of the shows over the past two nights, I see the current top 5 as:

1. Blue Devils

2. Cavaliers

3. Bluecoats

4. Crown

5. Cadets

I'd say the same thing- except I still think we've gotta consider coats over cavies until cavies beat them in a show this year- despite the 90 barrier being broken

that last sentence... like I really do believe it... I just can't believe I'm actually saying it... welcome to 2010, huh? :-)

Edited by nero14

he also said no reaction from audience so you just confirmed that.

I'm sorry, no I didn't.

Their first piece was kind of subdued, almost seemed like an on-field warmup or something. I don't remember the details of what happened, just that it seemed somewhat awkward from a presentation standpoint. If one person doesn't applaud, they've made a conscious choice. If an entire crowd does not applaud, they probably don't realize that they are supposed to be applauding.

Please don't condemn an entire audience based on one person's interpretation of what happened.

And for what it's worth, the people around me seemed to enjoy the concert and responded appropriately, as did the rest of the audience.

I'd say the same thing- except I still think we've gotta consider coats over cavies until cavies beat them in a show this year- despite the 90 barrier being broken

My ranking was based on my perception, not scores, head-to-head or otherwise. That said, I considering placing them in a tie.

Edited by JayM

Nice job Blue Stars!!!! If you want to know what a freight train looks like bearing down on you from behind I bet SCV could tell you.