Your 6th Prediction Thread

It's funny: I don't think anyone, including myself, had Cavies medaling this year in our preseason/early season prediction threads.

But, I'm happy to see them doing so well.

Mine have been way different each time:

1) Crown

2) BD

3) Cavies

4) Cadets

5) Bluecoats

6) Phantom

7) SCV

8) Blue Knights

9) Blue Stars

10) Boston

11) Madison

12) Academy

13) Glassmen

14) Troopers

15) Colts

16) Crossmen

17) Colts

18) Pacific Crest

19) Teal Sound

20) Mandarins

21) Cascades

22) Jersey Surf

23) Pioneer

1-5 is going to be a toss up until the end of the season. Blue Stars, and Boston are right now just ahead of BK, but BK I believe has more room to add to a magnificent show, whereas BAC and BS are stuck to their themes/music like glue. They both seem to play loud the entire show, BK has much more musical growth throughout their program. Visually is where BK has to add/tweak if they're gonna catch up. Academy if they clean I believe will be the 12th place corps this year.

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

1 Cadets

2 Crown

3 Blue Devils

4 Bluecoats

5 Phantom

6 SCV

7 Cavaliers

8 Boston Crusaders

9 Blue Stars

10 Blue Knights

11 Madison Scouts

12 Glassmen

13 Academy

14 Troopers

15 Colts

16 Crossmen

17 Jersey Surf

18 Spirit

19 Pacific Crest

20 Teal Sound

21 Mandarins

22 Cascades

23 Pioneer

1.) Cavies (They turn the fake rifles real at Finals, and hold the judges hostage till they're given the gold)

2.) Crown (Second chance at silver?)

3.) BD (Mirrors break at quarterfinals, bad luck ensues, and show is ruined)

4.) Cadets (Jeffery is kidnapped, and only Chris Hansen can save him)

5.) SCV (Accident during Finals week with bullfight because of the red, leaving many holes on the Finals field)

6.) Bluecoats (The future is 6th, apparently)

7.) Phantom Regiment (Move into the light, but closed roof gets in the way)

8.) Blue Stars (Entire corps appears in straight-jackets, but sadly they can't play in them, so brass score becomes a 0)

9.) Blue Knights (Judges write on all the sheets, rename the show Dark Europa)

10.) Boston Crusaders (Drum major falls asleep in the throne, and forgets to conduct the Finals show)

11.) Madison Scouts (20 tubas deafen all the judges, so they're automatically given a perfect brass score)

12.) Academy (Not used to air conditioning, or else would have finished higher)

13.) Glassmen (Get arrested by the FBI as terror suspects, horribly damages guard and GE scores)

14.) Troopers (Someone Wanted their spot in Finals more....)

15.) Spirit (Give them a couple of years, I see Spirit coming back)

16.) Colts (Accidentally wash white plumes with red jackets, and True Colors become pink)

17.) Crossmen (Wish it wasn't so, but I don't see them going higher)

18.) Pacific Crest (Improving in the world)

19.) Teal Sound (Good first year, but horrific short-out kills guitar player, keeping them behind PC)

20.) Pioneer (Dump the show, go Irish, and somehow place 20th)

21.) Jersey Surf (Too long of a break between shows holds them back)

22.) Cascades (Still improving, need time to grow)

23.) Mandarins (Same problem as Glassmen, guard is arrested for being Chinese spies, and deported)

Sorry for anyone that may be offended by these predictions, but whatever. They're my opinions.

if Madisons contras deafen all the judges then wouldnt the rest of the corps after them get a 0 in brass for not being able to hear actually dropping their score 17-20 pts? So Madison academy and glassmen would be at top.

:thumbdown:

1. Blue Devils - Great show being performed great!

2. The Cavaliers - Kudos to the members and staff for working out this show and still SO much room

3. The Cadets - Not one of my favorite Cadets' shows, but this is a solid drum corps that knows how to finish strong

4. Carolina Crown - Solid season for Crown - still a really good chance at pushing into the top three

5. Phantom Regiment -Holy Cow! What a percussion section! The guard needs work and just clean, clean, clean

6. Bluecoats -The future is always linked to the past and I want to love this show, but cant and it just seems like it will fade like every other year

7. Blue Stars - Coming on strong

8. Santa Clara Vanguard - What's going on with this group? Are changes coming? Please, please, please

9. Blue Knights - The guard is fun and cute ... how many costume changes are there?

10. Boston Crusaders Solid year for Boston and could finish higher ... 3 weeks out is a lot of time for things to change

11. Madison Scouts - Welcome Back !

12. Academy - Welcome!

1. Blue Devils - Margins will decrease as they run out of numbers below 100, but the judges apparently like this show. Music bores the crap out of me, but they, as always, perform the crap out of it. its pretty clear this one will win, no matter what the crowd thinks of the show..

2. The Cavaliers - who wouldve seen this coming?

3. The Cadets

4. Carolina Crown -between cadets and crown for 3\4 for me right now...

5. Bluecoats - Ultimately i think Crown will pull ahead in these last few weeks.

6. Phantom

7. Blue Stars - starting to clean up at just the right time.

8. Santa Clara Vanguard

9. Boston Crusaders

10. Blue Knights 10th, if they can hold off madison.

11. Madison Scouts- was starting to think Madison could make a run at 10th, but the past couple nights scores have me questioning. Could still happen.

12. Glassmen- i think academy\troop could make this closer, but not at this point

Edited by AlexL

1 Cadets

2 Crown

3 Blue Devils

4 Bluecoats

5 Phantom

6 SCV

7 Cavaliers

Care to place a small wager on that result? :thumbdown:

:worthy:

1) BD

2) Cavaliers

3) Cadets

4) Crown

4) Bluecoats

6) Phantom Regiment

7) Blue Stars

8) SCV

9) BAC

10) BK

11) Madison

12) Glassmen

Yes I put a tie for 4th.

BD is just to strong. I could see Cavies or Cadets pulling in within 1.5, but they are just to TECHNICALLY good to beat.

Cadets and Cavies are both doing well, but have room to grow, which leads to my next selection.

bd is strong i agree,only because their show is sooooooooo boring. i would title blue devils show ''we pat ourselves on the back show'' because its like a stars on 45 album. or even better bd's greatest hits.

the cavies drill is beyond belief. To bad their drumline is ticking like crazy.Not clean at all.

bluecoats crown and cadets have the most complete package in my opinion

Bluecoats and Crown are just to close to call right now. But don't have enough room to grow to catch Cadets and Cavies. They are gonna go back and forth every time they meet up I have a feeling. If Bluecoats keep growing and Crown keeps at the level of progress they are at right now, I could actually see this happening. Crown is about at the level of their show last year, and that's not gonna cut if for top 3 this year.

Phantom is probably a lock on 6th, but BAC is starting to creep up but if they can get that Rosander drill under control, I think they've got a 6th spot in.

Blue Stars are doing what I thought they would. The are getting it clean and it's starting to show. See how close they were to SCV tonight? That's what I'm talking about!

SCV is getting cleaner too, not too much to say about them, but they could easily slip past BAC/Blue Stars/Phantom for 6th.

BAC again getting cleaner. Close to the above 2.

Those 3 are gonna be the fight this year I have feeling.

BK is doing great! 10th doesn't mean they can't pull a 91-92, I just don't think it's QUITE at the level of 6-9. Almost though.

Madison, I'm pretty sure it's a lock at 11th. Far enough above G-Men and far enough behind BK. I could see them maybe getting close to BK, but not passing.

GMen, clean show, far enough ahead of Academy right now that I'm comfortable putting them in 12th. Could change if Academy gets clean enough.

1, Blue Devils - I still can't get into this show. Visually the best out there by a long way, but musically just not user friendly (haha im a web producer). The judges seem to be eating it up though, and the mirrors are the new chairs, for devils. At the end of the day just to strong from last year.

2, Cavaliers - They are making huge steps now, who would of thought after there falling the end of last year, and the false start they had at the beginning of the year. The green machine is on a role now and won't stop they seem to have the momentum!

3, Carolina Crown - Seem to be grinding to a slight hault at the moment. Big sound but somethings missing from them this year. No idea why there drumline is being dumped all year, will hurt them for the title this year, but high horns again, and a great finals performance will keep them in the top 3

4, Cadets - I have been a life long fan of cadets (my nick name when i march in the 1990's) but this show is to easy compared to the rest of the contenders, and even ex cadets shows of the past, so a very clean show by finals night, just maybe not techinal enough. Oh and prefer their 1991 show over this (similar theme).

5, Blue coats - Turning a few heads this year, like 2007 can they keep it up to get top 3, i don't thing so.

6, Phantom Regiment - Getting stronger all year, after the disaster of last year, great drumline (could take the honors finals night)

7, Santa Clara Vanguard - Alot of people had them top 3 contenders after last year, BUT this is step to far in the arty department, judges are struggling to place the show despite improvements in performance, shame as the talent is there.

8, Blue Stars - not as fun as last couple of years but the corps is peaking in its talent.

9, Blue Knights - roots musical program and performing very well

10, Boston Crusaders - fine but not the buzz or the challenge of 'The Core of temptation'

11, Glassmen - The hotdog corps of 2010 but they have a finals callibar feel to them this year

12, Madison Scouts - There back, stripped everything away to drum corps purest form, a big tick from the judges.

13, Academy

14, Troopers

15, Colts

16, Spirit

17, Crossmen

Edited by cat699