Underrated/Overrated Shows 2010

Greetings,

I just thought it might be interesting to get everyone's opinion on what shows you think seem to be (iyo) both overrated and underrated by the judges. This is not meant to slam any corps, section, or individual.

In my opinion, The Cadets and Crown seem a little overrated. I usually enjoy both Crown and Cadets, but this year, in my opinion, both shows are lacking in energy, general effect, wow factor, and overall appeal. I want to like them, but after seeing their shows several times, I walk away from the stadiums with the same dissatisfaction in the entertainment department.

One show I believe is quite underrated is Boston Crusaders'. Ironically, Boston has not been among one of my favorite shows throughout the years, but this year, they seem to be, in my opinion, MUCH more entertaining than both Crown and Cadets. I realize judges look for "clean," but if I'm a GE judge, Boston gets my vote far beyond Crown or Cadet this year.

I am REALLy enjoying the Cavies this year. I realize eeryone has their own opinion about what a great drum corps show is, but I appreciate the supercharged energy of the Cavalier.

I have yet to see The Blue Devils, but are looking forward to them in Atlanta.

SLAM!!!!!

Lumberjack Slam from Denny's sounds good right about now.

C-C-C-Combo Breaker!!!!

I actually prefer the French Toast slam myself, or the Build your own Grand Slam.

Go to the tube that must not be named and view an official posting by the Cavaliers titled "Faster Than a Speeding Bullet". You will see a fast-motion highcam view of the drill. You will note a lack of scatter drill and an amazing continuity to the drill. Michael Gaines has set the bar to a new high.

Definately not an overrated show.

Edited by Cavie74

Go to the tube that must not be named and view an official posting by the Cavaliers titled "Faster Than a Speeding Bullet". You will see a fast-motion highcam view of the drill. You will note a lack of scatter drill and an amazing continuity to the drill. Michael Gaines has set the bar to a new high.

Definately not an overrated show.

Thanks for the intelligent reply. In my opinion, The Cavaliers are highly entertaining and are getting it right! and entaining the crowd at the same time. Yes judges, it can be done Most definitely NOT overrated

Edited by BeachDrums

Thanks for the intelligent reply. In my opinion, The Cavaliers are highly entertaining and are getting it right! and entaining the crowd at the same time. Yes judges, it can be done Most definitely NOT overrated

I personally don't think ANY show this year is overrated. It's all a matter of personal tastes. Seems like almost every corps in the top (I say) 11 this year are pretty #### entertaining.