DCI Southeastern Championships (GA) on DCI Fan Network

The DCI Southeastern Championships will be broadcast LIVE from the Georgia Dome on the DCI Fan Network this Saturday, July 31st. ALLIANCE will be opening the show at 3:00pm sharp, followed by the Atlanta CorpsVets.

This will be the second appearance of the season for ALLIANCE, not having performed since June 20th in Ft. Mill. This was the first time for ALLIANCE to defeated an Open Class corps in a regular season show. Neither corps had their entire presentation on the field, but both will be putting on full shows this weekend for the Atlanta audience, as well as an audience of thousands on Fan Network (or maybe high hundreds - Fan Network isn't cheap)

Again, the scores will be made by DCI judges using DCI sheets and without a regular panel that DCA would provide. That will be resolved a week later at ALLIANCE's home show in Woodstock, GA at Woodstock High School, Saturday, August 7th at 7:30pm.

Edited by Reilley

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The DCI Southeastern Championships will be broadcast LIVE from the Georgia Dome on the DCI Fan Network this Saturday, July 31st. ALLIANCE will be opening the show at 3:00pm sharp, followed by the Atlanta CorpsVets.

This will be the second appearance of the season for ALLIANCE, not having performed since June 20th in Ft. Mill. This was the first time for ALLIANCE to defeated an Open Class corps in a regular season show. Neither corps had their entire presentation on the field, but both will be putting on full shows this weekend for the Atlanta audience, as well as an audience of thousands on Fan Network (or maybe high hundreds - Fan Network isn't cheap)

Again, the scores will be made by DCI judges using DCI sheets and without a regular panel that DCA would provide. That will be resolved a week later at ALLIANCE's home show in Woodstock, GA at Woodstock High School, Saturday, August 7th at 7:30pm.

We will get scored on DCA sheets by DCI judges at the DCI show in Atlanta this Saturday, and we will see a DCA panel on August 7th at our show in Woodstock, GA.

DCA sheets no longer being used by DCI judges???? Which is it?? Confusing???

Regardless of the outcome of who gets the higher score this weekend. I wonder if they will use CV's DCA score last week to MOVE FORWARD from or will they just pull a number out of a hat and say here is your score.

Edited by camel lips

Regardless of the outcome of who gets the higher score this weekend. I wonder if they will use CV's DCA score last week to MOVE FORWARD from or will they just pull a number out of a hat and say here is your score.

Let me clarify my remarks.

We know CV got a 79.375 in New York before DCA judges on DCA sheets. Every corps at that show score will continue to go up the ladder or maybe drop a "little bit" in the following weeks as their shows develop.

What I would hate to see this weekend is CV and Alliance getting a score at the DCI show that pulls them far away from the rest of the herd.Lets see how it all sorts out.

I wish both corps the very best this weekend and have the best run of your lives.

Edited by camel lips

Who knows! When we went into the "pre-show critique" before the Ft. Mill show, the judges asked me if I had a copy of the DCA sheets that they could use...

Who knows! When we went into the "pre-show critique" before the Ft. Mill show, the judges asked me if I had a copy of the DCA sheets that they could use...

And they (dci) said 2 years ago that they had this all sorted out. Good Grief :blink::bigsmile:

Last year in Valdosta the judges didn't even know there were all age corps in the show until right before we went on.

:bigsmile:

Yeah that was pretty bad. Just write down a score is what I heard. :blink:

Unfortunately, I think this is what we will see happen. Sort of like how MBI's score was so up and down from one night to the next. DCI doesn't care about keeping consistent DCA scores. I bet both shows will be fantastic!!!

"Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged".

So with that in mind, this weekend I will be critiquing the DCI judges based on the following captions:

1) 25 points - Posture While Ducking Tuba's

2) 25 points - Hand-Springing Through A Colorguard Gauntlet

3) 50 points - Wearing A Permed Brown Wig, A Black Robe, And A Nametag That Reads "JUDY"

4) 100 Bonus Points - Tripping and Unplugging The AC Power Cord During Any Vocals, Singing, or Narration

Remember, I'll be watching. :blink: