Murfreesboro Mad Haus!

I think 2004 was the last time the stadium sold out. Its been hit or miss since. Moving it to Crossville that one year 05 05 06? I think killed it.

it went to Cookeville in 2006. what hurt it the worst was in 2007 when it was held a month early. the numbers haven't recovered since. pretty decent crowd, but nothing like it once was.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think 2004 was the last time the stadium sold out. Its been hit or miss since. Moving it to Crossville that one year 05 05 06? I think killed it.

Cookville was 2006.

The attendance was much better then it was in 2008. Good stadium for a show.

After looking at recaps, my opinion was different in a few captions... Yes I was there.

The Brass scores in general where puzzling. Sorry, no way Cavies should be third on the night, Crown in fifth? Flip flop those and you got it correct. Vis performance... Crown has some issues, especially in Nimrod. There was phasing galore in the double time along with technique issues... They get 2nd? Bluecoats had some issues too but I felt the score was fair.

BUT the biggest travesty:

Bluecoats getting 4th in guard. They are not BD tight but dang they are good. Should of been second.

Also... Devils are that good, nobody is going to touch them. A show that I hated on the webcast... I totally bought live. WOW!

After looking at recaps, my opinion was different in a few captions... Yes I was there.

The Brass scores in general where puzzling. Sorry, no way Cavies should be third on the night, Crown in fifth? Flip flop those and you got it correct. Vis performance... Crown has some issues, especially in Nimrod. There was phasing galore in the double time along with technique issues... They get 2nd? Bluecoats had some issues too but I felt the score was fair.

Bluecoats getting 4th in guard. They are not BD tight but dang they are good. Should of been second.

Also... Devils are that good, nobody is going to touch them. A show that I hated on the webcast... I totally bought live. WOW!

What ???????

G

Something I hear over and over again...

...wish I could see it live.

Best comment of the night!!! I've gone through all the reactions you described above. This year's BD show is a show you HAVE to see In PERSON to begin to understand it fully, not just on fannetwork. I still don't like it as much on fannetwork. When I first saw it in rehearsals without mirrors/costumes, etc., I didn't understand the music, there weren't "hummable" tunes, I didn't like it. But, after seeing it repeatedly LIVE, I'm in love with it now. It's like great literature - you have to peel away the layers of its complexity to start to grasp its genius. And watch it from fairly CLOSE UP in person. You see those fantastic multiplying effects of the silver mirrors, the silver uniform sequins flashing in your eyes, the silver sidecapes and silver drums reflecting light. You see the effects of corps members in front of and behind mirrors creating the effect that the "images" are marching right out of the mirrors. BD's trying to achieve effects like "broken glass" falling on the field, the discordant music makes the audience "uncomfortable", powerful tensions in the music and show design wash over the audience and don't get resolved until those final chords at the end.

I agree. But how many times are you going to post this? Verbatum.

:tongue::cool::thumbup:
I agree. But how many times are you going to post this? Verbatum.
:shutup::tongue::tongue:

Not sure why CADETS seem to be struggling score wise. I watched everyone last night and baffled a little about the spreads. Ignoring

some of the cheese, its looks and sounds like a pretty demanding show being performed pretty well except maybe the new ending.

Can one of the experts here give me some unbiased input? Thanks! Do they have a chance to knock off anyone ahead of them in two

weeks? This was one of my picks for winning a month ago and things seemed to have been derailed recently>