Murfreesboro Mad Haus!

I really don't give #$&% about scores but it absolutely defies logic that Bostons numbers are what they are. Yeah judging is performance based but how is it all possible to see measureable scoring improvement for all other corps especially at this point and Boston is stuck and scoring lower than they have been. Logically it is not understandable.

The Corps is great, the Kids are absolutely amazing, the show is awesome and generally the scores don't matter and we don't GAVA. It is curious though that there was such a large spread between 7th and 8th... it couldn't have anything to do with G something...... sorry couldn't resist.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't watch the feed, but one thing on the recap stuck out...can anyone explain this?

Cavies...2nd in percussion, 3rd in brass, and 6th in ensemble music. there can't be that much of a disconnect from field to box.

I really thought their brass should have been 5th. I can see their percussion in 2nd or 3rd, but their brass and total music ensemble is not super strong. It's good, mind you, just not top 3. I think the brass judge made some interesting calls, but I am sure he/she called it the way they saw it last night, which is really all we can ask for.

Pearl Presents The Masters of the Summer Music Games

MTSU's Johnny "Red" Floyd Stadium

1500 Greenland Drive

Murfreesboro, TN 37132

Friday, July 30 (Central Time Zone)

7:50 PM – Welcome and National Anthem

8:00 PM – Music City - Nashville, TN

8:17 PM – Boston Crusaders - Boston, MA

8:34 PM – Phantom Regiment - Rockford, IL

8:51 PM – Santa Clara Vanguard - Santa Clara, CA

9:08 PM – The Cadets - Allentown, PA

9:25 PM – Intermission - 17 Min.

9:42 PM – Carolina Crown - Fort Mill, SC

9:59 PM – Bluecoats - Canton, OH

10:16 PM – The Cavaliers - Rosemont, IL

10:33 PM – Blue Devils - Concord, CA

10:50 PM – Encore Performance: The Cavaliers

Weather Forecast

bac :shutup:

phantom :tongue:

scv :thumbup:

cadets :tongue:

crown :tongue:

blue :worthy:

cavs :cool:

bd :ph34r:

Morning,

Was at the show last night! What a great night of drum corps! Best top eight (or top 7 and #9) in a while!

A few thoughts

Music City - Fun Program, awesome flags. Pretty dirty on attacks.

Boston - Crazy volume, second movement was a little to long for me, last movement is amazing - Love how they added in the conquest theme.

Phantom - Great show, the beginning and end is very cool. Guard MUCH improved. Still think visual effect is hurting them.

SCV - LOVED IT. Hope they keep putting out shows like this, great classic music. Visual is getting better, can't wait for finals, hoping for 5th!

Cadets - Love the show, but pretty dirty still. As much as I LOVE Hopkins, the added drum major stuff needs to go. They play their butts off.

Crown - Great Ensemble sound, very enjoyable, but don't know if it can win, would be awesome if they could. Great guard.

Cavaliers - Best Cavies show since 2000. Love the mic'ed trumpets, guard a little dirty tonight. Bring it on at finals.

Bluecoats - 2010 champions, or I hope. A Great Package! Asphalt Cocktail is my fav part of the 2010 season.

Blue Devils - Very Clean. I am not a fan but can respect their cleanliness and the guard. I do not agree with their GE being so high, very small crowd response and just not thinking their music content is not there. Thinking they will lose eventually, maybe not until finals.

GREAT SEASON! Looking forward to seeing Atlanta today!

Surprised nobody has mentioned the Cadets being 6th in visual performance, 6th in colorguard, but 2nd in visual ensemble? A + B != C evidently. Every other corps was no more than 0 or 1 slot off from the surrounding subcaptions. Yet, somehow the Cadets sucked ### in performance and somehow presented a solid ensemble picture to those in the box. And since CG seems to align itself with ensemble more often than not these days (deposit 1 dollar to WGI, k thx), it is even more perturbing that the Cadets somehow were THAT bad in Colorguard and so GOOD as an ensemble. And considering both are at box level, that is somewhat challenging for me to understand.

Dumb. According to the schedule on the fan network, there should be on-demand available for Murfreesboro. But whatever. Thanks.

Interesting enough I talked to someone on LIVE CHAT on the fan network page last night and she said the Murfreesboro show would be available on VOD's.

I guess that employee was out of the loop?

Is this the first time this season that Phantom's percussion has not been in 1st? Bluecoats line is most Definitely on fire this year and very excited for them all around. If either of those 2 were to win the Sanford High Percussion trophy come finals would work for me.