Warm-up times?

Dumb question, not really deserving of it's own thread, but here it is anyway: I know schedules rarely end up accurate, factoring in delays, but approximately how long before their performance do corps start warm-ups? I'm thinking of watching some lot warm-ups during intermission in ATL, but I don't want to head out there right away and be standing around waiting for something to happen. :P I'll probably watch BK and as much of G-men as a can. Gotta get back to catch BK's opener, I've played that piece before, and I loved the original orchestral arrangement, and I'm hoping their arrangement keeps all of the energy I remember it having.

Thanks! :)

most corps are there an hour to 90 minutes before, depending on if they do full corps visual blocks etc.

With the walk to the gate you may catch the end of Glassmen and probably not BK. With the domes and big shows the corps usually get to the a bit early and then chill and do the usual routine. The lot in Atlanta is about a 7-10 minute walk from the stadium, if i remember correctly, so you may want to skip a corps or two or just not see warm-up this time at all. Any one else remember the walk time?

With the walk to the gate you may catch the end of Glassmen and probably not BK. With the domes and big shows the corps usually get to the a bit early and then chill and do the usual routine. The lot in Atlanta is about a 7-10 minute walk from the stadium, if i remember correctly, so you may want to skip a corps or two or just not see warm-up this time at all. Any one else remember the walk time?

I know it takes a good 10 minutes. It's not a short distance at all. yea it'll take you 5 minutes to get off the dome property, then 5 to walk there, and then you have to find the corps you want to watch...which sometimes can be tricky-especially for the corps right towards the end of the show. :grouphug:

I know corps that generally practice most of the day before a show, and then do a warmup hours early, and the get ready to march about 45-1hr early.

So basically I'll just leave the Dome right after The Academy, watch whoever I can find, and leave around 7:15 to comfortably make it back for BK. I won't get to watch much, but considering I've never gotten to watch a DCI lot warm-up, I'll take what I can get. Thanks.

So basically I'll just leave the Dome right after The Academy, watch whoever I can find, and leave around 7:15 to comfortably make it back for BK. I won't get to watch much, but considering I've never gotten to watch a DCI lot warm-up, I'll take what I can get. Thanks.

The lot is an awesome place! You'll enjoy it! :grouphug:

Truly great corps don't need warm up time.

ever

Like Memphis Sound 2007 at Div II/III semis? :P