What's up with Kyle Miller?

Ok, so how did she manage to drop Cavies guard to 3rd, 0.80 LESS than the night before?

And in the process, prevent Cavies from winning the show?

Me thinks she's got some "splainin to do!

My explanation from another thread:

Well it could be that the judge gave SCV their score at 9.2 & 8.8 for 18.0 leaving room for the next two corps, then Bluecoats went on and the judge saw they were better than SCV and scored them 9.4 & 9.2 for and 18.6. this still left room between SCV and Bluecoats as well as above Bluecoats. However, I'm guessing when the Cavies went on the judge didn't feel they were quite on par with SCV's performance so he then had no choice but to score them lower than the numbers he gave SCV so they got a 9.1 & 8.7 for 17.8.

So it's not about Cavaliers doing significantly worse than their previous performance in Color Guard and more about numbers management by the judge. Since he probably assumed Cavaliers would be better than SCV in color Guard he left room by scoring SCV low enough to be able to reasonably put Cavliers ahead of them. But he didn't see that and had to give Cavaliers a score under SCV, and since both numbers were just .1 below the SCV numbers it really makes me think this is more the case.

It's all about the spreads, and Rating/Ranking between corps. Actual score from show to show is really irrelevant.

with that said, it is great to see Bluecoats winning shows in late July that have Cavaliers, SCV, Phantom, and Cadets in them.

Way to Go Blue, you are making all of your alumni very proud.

Ok, so how did she manage to drop Cavies guard to 3rd, 0.80 LESS than the night before?

And in the process, prevent Cavies from winning the show?

Me thinks she's got some "splainin to do!

He also managed to drop Surf's guard from 14th with a 16.0 to dead last with a 14.5

He may have had trouble seeing well from Milton, FL while judging GE Vis there. DCI shouldn't make a judge attend two events at the same time.

Ok, I make a joke that no one appreciates, but the serious part of it is, who really judged guard? Based on the recaps of both of last night's shows, it may or may not have been Miller at Gadsden--does anyone here have the definitive judging lineup?

Ok, I make a joke that no one appreciates, but the serious part of it is, who really judged guard? Based on the recaps of both of last night's shows, it may or may not have been Miller at Gadsden--does anyone here have the definitive judging lineup?

I appreciated the joke. Just sayin'

I'm going to guess that it was Frank Miller doing Visual in Milton