Georgia Dome scores just in.

Unfortunately, under DCA rules their

massively amplified bass drones on a

keyboard

that doubles the largest tuba line in the history of competitive drum corps, thereby effectively rendering the achievement meaningless,

would not be legal.

Oh, I am sorry, did I say Unfortunately?

I meant to say Thankfully...

Thank you so much for saying exactly what I've been thinking about this Contra Line.

I watched the live webcast and was surprised how poor Alliance marched.. it was like bumper cars out there in many spots. They have a really well put together program, but I thought they were lucky to be that close to the Corpsvets in visual.

Agreed

I watched the live webcast and was surprised how poor Alliance marched.. it was like bumper cars out there in many spots. They have a really well put together program, but I thought they were lucky to be that close to the Corpsvets in visual.

Agreed... though it is possible they had some late additions to their group (new marchers). It looks like that could have been the case, seeing as how they still look like they have some holes. They look much bigger than last year.

FWIW, I thought the judges got it right after looking at the recaps. CV owned in visual and I think that was accurate... though I will say, I am used to seeing Alliance dirty in July. I think they will clean it up!

Agreed... though it is possible they had some late additions to their group (new marchers). It looks like that could have been the case, seeing as how they still look like they have some holes. They look much bigger than last year.

FWIW, I thought the judges got it right after looking at the recaps. CV owned in visual and I think that was accurate... though I will say, I am used to seeing Alliance dirty in July. I think they will clean it up!

You can bet both corps will be pushing hard down the stretch. It will be very interesting to watch the two south shows coming up this month before DCA.

it's a great year to be a fan in the South!

That raises the question: When the DCA corps of the midwest, south, and far west compete in DCI contests, WOULD they be allowed to junk up their performance with extension chords ?

I'd be interested in listening only to Renegades narration........and ONLY to hear what they'd say.....

Joe

That answer would be no since they are being judged on DCA sheets with DCA rules.

You can bet both corps will be pushing hard down the stretch. It will be very interesting to watch the two south shows coming up this month before DCA.

it's a great year to be a fan in the South!

Caught CV in Hornell and they were impressive. Haven't caught Alliance yet this season, but it looks like a good year for Georgia!

Unfortunately, under DCA rules their

massively amplified bass drones on a

keyboard

that doubles the largest tuba line in the history of competitive drum corps, thereby effectively rendering the achievement meaningless,

would not be legal.

Oh, I am sorry, did I say Unfortunately?

I meant to say Thankfully...

Yea, you guys would hate them, they sound like the Skyliners from their glory years and they march really well. :blink: (sarcasm)

Edited by Mike_B

Yea, you guys would hate them, they sound like the Skyliners from their glory years and they march really well. :tongue: (sarcasm)

I don't hate them. In fact, the Madison Scouts was the first corps I ever loved and joined.

I just dislike that one part I mentioned, vehemently.

And they should be able to march that drill well...

:blink:

ducks...