How do you feel?

I was wondering what the majority on here feel about seeing guys wearing dresses in color guards? Does this bother anyone?

Why do the designers insist on doing this?

Edited by Lancerlady

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering what the majority on here feel about seeing guys wearing dresses in color guards? Does this bother anyone?

Why do the designers insist on doing this?

Well some costumes male or female are horrendous in my opinion I think its because alot of guard designers also think they are Versachi or vera Wang BUT if well done and within a theme ( lets say toga ) or lancers kilt years back or old kilties then Im not bothered at all. BUT DESIGNERS, think about if you were asked to wear somethings you ask members to. I know you cant please everyone BUT look at the big picture of your vision 1st.... :worthy:

Costumes have jumped the shark years ago, design-wise......it is so hideous at times it drives me crazy..thankfully, there is still good, solid work to "make up" for the debacles on the humans.

G

Edited by GMichael1230

Well some costumes male or female are horrendous in my opinion I think its because alot of guard designers also think they are Versachi or vera Wang BUT if well done and within a theme ( lets say toga ) or lancers kilt years back or old kilties then Im not bothered at all. BUT DESIGNERS, think about if you were asked to wear somethings you ask members to. I know you cant please everyone BUT look at the big picture of your vision 1st.... :worthy:

Kilts are one thing...Dresses are completely another act. I just think something else could be desgined more effectively... The kids sitting behind me in Hattiesburg all gasped with me when they saw what we saw on the field. It's a little too much.

You may not be very far off the mark. I'm thinking a lot of these designers WOULD wear what they're putting these guard members in!

Garry in Vegas (who's seen a few weird costumes walking down The Strip)

It's like they sit around trying to come up with the most hideous looking thing they can put out on a football field just for giggles... just alot of bad uniforms this year.

Kilts are one thing...Dresses are completely another act. I just think something else could be desgined more effectively... The kids sitting behind me in Hattiesburg all gasped with me when they saw what we saw on the field. It's a little too much.

I think it all just depends. Kids will also be kids they gasp at what we wear every day. I really just think it does depend Ive seen some other costumes for guard ( with pants ) that were a scream also. Taste is taste ( subjective I guess , at least to a point )

You may not be very far off the mark. I'm thinking a lot of these designers WOULD wear what they're putting these guard members in!

Garry in Vegas (who's seen a few weird costumes walking down The Strip)

I just hit the like button for this one... :worthy:

I think it all just depends. Kids will also be kids they gasp at what we wear every day. I really just think it does depend Ive seen some other costumes for guard ( with pants ) that were a scream also. Taste is taste ( subjective I guess , at least to a point )

That's true that's why I'm asking for peoples opnions on the matter. How do you feel about seeing guys in full blown dresses? One guy wearing a dress got his rifle caught in it when he didn't catch it properly. It became a distraction in more ways then one. :worthy: