How do you feel?

When the opinions are "it makes me sick" and "it's just wrong," rather than less loaded ways of expressing dislike or even discomfort, it's hard to sympathize. There are such things as respectful and eloquent dissent.

If you, yourself, say your opinion is so unflattering that DCP won't even let you post it, it shouldn't be so hard to understand why some might code you as "the bad guy."

As for me, I'm still wondering what makes guys in dresses so uniformly, self-evidentally "wrong."

Aside from the fact that the dresses themselves are often so tacky, I mean. :blink:

Look, I could give you a eloquent and respectful, politically correct opinion. But personally, I don't subscribe to that BS. Sometimes simple English gets the point across just fine. The OP asked for our feelings on the subject. I just gave my opinion and observations of the audience around me.

Edited by BigD629

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you, yourself, say your opinion is so unflattering that DCP won't even let you post it, it shouldn't be so hard to understand why some might code you as "the bad guy."

It's simple. The full answer will violate DCP's guidelines about political speech, and might possibly be deemed OT, even if it's directly related to the discussion. It's not nice to bait people.

I think you all know my view on this, but in case you don't...

I don't like it at all. It makes me sick to see it. Not much else I can say.

No need to say more.. "Sick" is a clear point of where you are..

Why do the designers insist on doing this?

IMHO, its all about pushing a world view on audiences, under the rubrik of "artistic license".

Edited by GuyW

I don't care for it much but you are talking Mississippi too right? I don't care much for the deep south either but I take a deep breath and say, yes they are "real America too".

Because in the north, men walk around in dresses all day long.

The only guys who legitimately should wear dresses are NFL quarterbacks and NHL goalies.

..like someone said earlier, its like actors playing a role.....

Hey! Maybe they could act like its a bugle corps.....

Honestly I have no idea what show we're talking about, but this is all I have to offer.

---

This reminds me of that so called homophobic debacle that "So You Think You Can Dance?" had either last year or the year before.

Two guys auditioned for the show dancing to a samba or something, and the judges commented on how confusing it was to watch before making the audition a solo. It was hard to tell who was taking what role, if there even was one.

I'm pretty sure one of them actually wasn't gay, just to clarify.

And for the record I agreed with the judges. That's honestly the only episode I've ever watched and I was generally confused trying to figure out who was in what role (if there even were roles) since it was a generally well established type of dance they were trying to accomplish. The judges seemed to know what they were talking about.

http://www.fancast.com/blogs/2009/tv-news/...hobic-comments/

IMHO, its all about pushing a certain world view on audiences, under the rubrik of "artistic license".

lol paranoia

I was wondering what the majority on here feel about seeing guys wearing dresses in color guards? Does this bother anyone?

Why do the designers insist on doing this?

I think they look fabulous. LOL.

OK.. all joking aside, I am not a big fan of dresses. That also includes the kilts I saw 27 wearing in the late 70's. Don't get me wrong. I loved the corps. Just found the kilts to be a bit of an eye sore. Looked kind of silly to me.

By the way. Who is wearing dresses this year ?

How do I feel about colorguard? Let's see....

Well, I dislike WGI, and I wish it remained it's own activity instead of transforming drum corps into something it shouldn't be. Remember the days when colorguard counted as ZERO on the sheets? Yes, that was only less than a decade ago folks! But now it has scores that count in it's own caption, AND infuences every other visual caption, as well as visual GE... mixed with the intangible influence on across-the-board adjudication (come on, everyone eats it up, and you know it) and eventually accumulating (in my view) around 99% of the total score........... or at least it seems.

Therefore, I don't like flags on grass. Or rifles on turf. Or dancing on boxes. Boo colorguard.

Oh ####, that wasn't the question?!