How do you feel?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a woman wearing pants once and I thought the same thing. How can she be so absurd to actually wear something so revealing and so unaccepted in society? It just isn't normal. She must be trying to turn all of the dainty women into men. What will happen to this nation?

Oh wait...

Reason for edit: Grammar issue

Edited by hstrmptguy09

Considering the subject matter of Prince Igor, I think it's safe to say the costume designers had Turkish culture in mind rather than an expression of femininity. They remind me a lot of the Whirling Dervishes of Rumi.

79955,xcitefun-whirling-dervish-43s171-sw.jpg

I saw something similar on FN. They were as flags, part of the person instead of on a pole, color for the negative space. The field is bigger than the gym. One shouldn't apply one to the other. Whirling Dervishes of Rumi worked well on the field, imo ;-)

the gay agenda.

Wait a minute....are you saying there are homosexuals....in DRUM CORPS?!?!?!?

Frankly, I'm shocked. Next thing, you'll be telling me to look for them in theatre, television, Hollywood movies....

Where does it end, SOCIETY IN GENERAL?!?!?!?

I saw a woman wearing pants once and I thought the same thing. How can she be so absurd to actually wear something so revealing and so unaccepted in society? It just isn't normal. She must be trying to turn all of the dainty women into men. What will happen to this nation?

Oh wait...

Oh, well then I guess "in the future" men will be wearing women's clothing too, because 80 years ago, it became fashionably acceptable for women to wear feminized versions of men's pants, and all things are analogous. Glassmen's staff isn't clueless - they're visionary.

Like Ed Wood, Jr. :thumbdown:

sl13glenorglenda.jpg

Edited by mobrien

Honestly-it's just some cloth. It's amazing how cloth becomes so imbued with cultural power. I don't think the dresses on males are a big deal-it's the least of DCI's problems.

Wait a minute....are you saying there are homosexuals....in DRUM CORPS?!?!?!?

Frankly, I'm shocked. Next thing, you'll be telling me to look for them in theatre, television, Hollywood movies....

Where does it end, SOCIETY IN GENERAL?!?!?!?

Yeah next thing couples of them will be neighbors to my sister-in-law and on my church council..... And I might actually look forward to talking to them

Oh wait a minute...... :thumbdown:

Back On-topic: Haven't seen it yet but it begs the question WHY? Does it actually do anything to promote the corps show or has CG gotten to the point where it's totally separate from what ever the rest of the corps does. (Feeling I've had for a why with a lot of guards.)

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Yeah next thing couples of them will be neighbors to my sister-in-law and on my church council..... And I might actually look forward to talking to them

Oh wait a minute...... :thumbdown:

Back On-topic: wish CGs would do more things with the corps. Most of the times to me it looks like interpretative dance with DC music in the background. Having outfits that don't match the corps or even the corps color doesn't help either.

IMO Blending in with the corps or looking like the corps doesnt inhance the show , theme although I did like cadets last years costume, not fond of it this year, shakos etc etc. I guess on 2nd thought matching can work if done right and I guess same goes for the opposite.

IMO Blending in with the corps or looking like the corps doesnt inhance the show , theme although I did like cadets last years costume, not fond of it this year, shakos etc etc. I guess on 2nd thought matching can work if done right and I guess same goes for the opposite.

LOL, you caught my original post before I realized what the OP really said. :smile:

Having come from the days when most CG unis looked like the rest of the corps I can agree on blending in doesn't help. Just some of what I'ver seen in the last few years is so jarring it comes across as just trying to be as different as possible in spite of how the entire corps looks on the field.

Then again my wife has to help me match clothes some days so what do I know. :thumbdown:

Edited by JimF-LowBari