Bluecoats are for Real!

Hey, there's been lots of talk for the long-standing corps who've been

to the top 3 medal positions, but let's not forget the "new kid on the block"

who happens to currently be in second place!

That's right, The BLUECOATS are in medal contention for the first time in their

history (since 1972)! Can you imagine the excitement of their 5-year vets who've

gone from their old blue and white uniforms in 2006 and finished in 4th place with

"Connexus", fell short of their expectations over the next two years with color guard

issues and weaknesses, improved greatly last year with a solid staff, and now this

current group blistering their show "Metropolis - The Future is Now"!

Although people have deemed them an underdog, and "let's wait and see" how they

fare over the next two weeks - they've already proved their strenghts as a corps,

which has the strongest group of kids (matched with a completely talented staff to

boot!) to help them continue on track to medal this year.

For those of us who have seen and heard their show live and have witnessed their

intensity on the field, let me be the first to congratulate you publicly on this forum,

and encourage other DCP members to show their support towards a new voice in

the top 3 slots in championships. "Here-Here" for THE BLUECOATS!

SIX WORDS! GO BLOOOOOO!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Showin my love! Two daughters that marched with the Bluecoats. A quality group!

SIX WORDS - Get em Bloooo

The only problem standing in front of the 'Coats right now is recent history. We've had to watch the late-season decline from the Bloo team a couple times over the last couple years and it's simply a hurdle that prevents me from saying they'll pull it off. It's just one of those believe-it-when-I-see-it situations.

The only problem standing in front of the 'Coats right now is recent history. We've had to watch the late-season decline from the Bloo team a couple times over the last couple years and it's simply a hurdle that prevents me from saying they'll pull it off. It's just one of those believe-it-when-I-see-it situations.

Really?

like in 2004 when they passed Crown at finals to take 6th for the first time ever.

or in 2005 when they caught (semis) then passed (finals) Madison to take 5th for the first time ever.

or are you talking about 2006 when they jumped both SCV and Cadets in finals to take 4th for the 1st time ever.

or maybe 2007 when they did finish in 7th with the highest score ever for a 7th place corps and were only .8 out of 4th place, getting their highest finals score ever.

or maybe you mean 2008 when they passed SCV at the end to finish in 6th.

Really?

like in 2004 when they passed Crown at finals to take 6th for the first time ever.

or in 2005 when they caught (semis) then passed (finals) Madison to take 5th for the first time ever.

or are you talking about 2006 when they jumped both SCV and Cadets in finals to take 4th for the 1st time ever.

or maybe 2007 when they did finish in 7th with the highest score ever for a 7th place corps and were only .8 out of 4th place, getting their highest finals score ever.

or maybe you mean 2008 when they passed SCV at the end to finish in 6th.

My point exactly. Recent history does not bode well for a top 3 finish. That's not to say they won't do it; you're acting like I was dogging on the Bluecoats. My point was very valid. They haven't done it recently so, until they do, I say again, "I'll believe it when I see it." That stands for most drum corps out there at the present time, not just the 'Coats.

My point exactly. Recent history does not bode well for a top 3 finish. That's not to say they won't do it; you're acting like I was dogging on the Bluecoats. My point was very valid. They haven't done it recently so, until they do, I say again, "I'll believe it when I see it." That stands for most drum corps out there at the present time, not just the 'Coats.

I was referring to your comment about late season decline. and other than 2007 they have improved their standing or stayed the same as were they currently stood at the end of the season. I know they never got top 3 before, but they were never sitting in top 3 with 2 weeks to go before either. The highest they have ever been with 2 weeks left in the season is 4th. One of those two years they finished in 4th and the other they were .8 out of fourth. most of the time since 2004 they have finished at or above where they sat with 2 weeks to go. That's all i was saying.

He must be talking about the corps who has been a consistent finalist since 1987. With the exception of 1999 (13th place) thats' 23 of the last 24 years.

This is exciting for us. There are alums coming out of the woodwork from when the corps was an A Class/parade corps in the 1970s. Fever pitch BLUEness is setting in and it's NOT a shock to us. Just exciting! The growth of the Bluecoats organization is astounding. Ups and downs? Of course. Consistent long term growth. Finding the right people to take the corps to the next step. I wonder how many drum corps who started out like the Bluecoats - just a small town corps - have folded since 1972?

"The Future is Now"