Bluecoats are for Real!

I must admit....coming into 2010, how many of us did not see Bluecoats in 2nd place? That may have been true in, say 2007, but this year was a surprise for me.

This is THE BEST corps Bluecoats have ever fielded since 2007. Excellent job, and I can't wait to see what happens next week.

Combination of best corps and and best show since in their history, period. I look forward to seeing them again tomorrow in Massilon.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Combination of best corps and and best show since in their history, period. I look forward to seeing them again tomorrow in Massilon.

I re-watched their show on Fan Network and am really drawn to their guard. I know very little about guard but to me they have that *Blue Devils Guard* confidence this year!

Purely for shock value, I hope Coats pulls of a 2008 on Finals night. Can you imagine how loud the BLOOOO would be?

Showin my love! Two daughters that marched with the Bluecoats. A quality group!

Bluecoats /Cavies

That's all I have to say.

Proud Alum, here!! Felt the need to BUMP this topic to the front page where it belongs!!!

So very excited to see where the rest of the season takes this corps ...

This is most definitely a great year. So many corps getting their share of being in the limelight. Wow, go Bluecoats!

Congratulations and love this moment in your lives. Great times!

I think it's fair to say that the top 5 barrier is gone. If you make the top 7-8 you've had a great year and a great corp. It might be disappointing from a placement perspective but the quality is so much better than it's ever been. I believe that goes for all the corps top to bottom.

Now if we can focus on the music, some get it, some don't, but I'll save that for another post/topic.

I'm happy they are doing so well but I have to tell ya...the more I see their show the less I like it. All that electronic crap really gets on my nerves. Why do they feel the need to ruin perfectly good music by altering it with electronics? Why do we need to hear a recorded female voice in the second number? Why do we need to hear recorded string instruments playing in the ballad? Answer: we don't. None of this is necessary and detracts from the show. I think they have a really awesome corps this year and they are playing really aggresively. There a parts of the show that I love (like those awesome contras) but all the electronics just bogs it down for me and I actually found myself bored while watching their ATL performance. Hopefully it was just a mood I was in. All that being said, I really hope they do well in the end and at least medal. Go bluuuu!

AGREE.

Get rid of the electronics. You are too good for that.

Do love your show.

Would love to have you win it all!!!