Genesis's uniforms from Avon?

genesis-001.jpg

Genesis Drum & Bugle Corps

Avon-band.jpg

Avon High School (Indiana)

There is no doubt these are the same uniforms. But as a brand new corps I don't blame Genesis for saving the money. They're great for drum corps too: no logos or anything tacky like some high school bands have!

Edited by MetalTones2012

genesis-001.jpg

Genesis Drum & Bugle Corps

Avon-band.jpg

Avon High School (Indiana)

There is no doubt these are the same uniforms. But as a brand new corps I don't blame Genesis for saving the money. They're great for drum corps too: no logos or anything tacky like some high school bands have!

Looks good - and I like the white Plume Genesis chose to use instead of the Black that avon had.

We were searching in the right place at the right time. It was really something we couldn't pass up.

We were searching in the right place at the right time. It was really something we couldn't pass up.

Well I think it was a very smart move! Honestly until I saw that picture of Avon I thought it was a custom design, and it looks great!

Everyone wears a Band Uniform

Well not all corps actually buy uniforms from marching bands. Genesis got very lucky, but on Incognito's uniform you could distinctly see the Pacifica High School logo on their left arm.

Edited by MetalTones2012

In 07, Legends was using my High School's old pleather uniforms. They were sweaty... =]

When Lake Erie Regiment marched they began with the Bluecoats' baby blue uniforms and then got thier hands on Spirit's unis from the "of Georgia" era. It can't be that unusual for a new corps to get previously used uniforms to start with can it?

It's not just 'new' corps that can benefit from the previously-owned uniforms of another corps. Like other equipment, if the uniform is a good one, in good condition, and the price is right, they can be a great pickup for another corps.

Some of us are old enough to remember the Bayonne Bridgemen in the late 60's switching their colors from maroon and white to black, gold and cream when they bought the uniforms of the defunct Selden Cadets. And on the senior side, Minnesota Brass wears the uniforms of the Westshoremen from the 90's when they won DCA in '96. :thumbup:

So true! I went from a comfortable V neck to a Cadet Style! Cool to Hot! & then from that to the banana!