How close is DCA to having amps/electronics?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are always 6 votes away from any rule change. Who knows, in 2011, DCA could even allow THIS on the field!!! (Must be played with beret on!!!)

ewi_frank.png

I personally doubt that synthesizers are on the horizon, but I could envision the current member corps voting in amplification of the pit. I think there are reasonable arguments for this to help improve the sound of the pit and allow for better technique to be used. I mean, the Bridgemen Alumni even do it!

Geez, I'm putting in this year with the Bridgemen and I haven't seen an amp anywheres near our pit. Now I think it might have been tried back in '05 or '06 but it ain't being used now. I remember back then Jimmy Mallon trying to convince me that it was being used "tastefully" :blink: whatever that means. But as I said the Bridgemen are not using amps.

DCA is Growing. DCI..........not so much. Just sayin...........

I think you might need to check that stats as to whether DCA is growing. Aren't several corps inactive? You cannot count them. DCA and DCI are both holding there own. That is the only true fact that can be stated here.

Amps/ electronics will come to DCA because all of the instructors and arrangers like amps/ electronics for what they can add to the production. Listen to the miked pit. It is a hundred times better and truly adds to the sound. You can say that the DCA instructors would not agree to amps/ electronics, but the old guard won't be there forever and as the younger guys/gals replace them they will want to use them. It may be several years, but DCA will have amps and synthesizers. It is inevitable.

I think you might need to check that stats as to whether DCA is growing. Aren't several corps inactive? You cannot count them. DCA and DCI are both holding there own. That is the only true fact that can be stated here.

Amps/ electronics will come to DCA because all of the instructors and arrangers like amps/ electronics for what they can add to the production. Listen to the miked pit. It is a hundred times better and truly adds to the sound. You can say that the DCA instructors would not agree to amps/ electronics, but the old guard won't be there forever and as the younger guys/gals replace them they will want to use them. It may be several years, but DCA will have amps and synthesizers. It is inevitable.

It seems that there is no real momentum to add the garbage to DCA and I doubt that it will ever gain steam.

It seems that there is no real momentum to add the garbage to DCA and I doubt that it will ever gain steam.

The day that DCA adds amps and mikes to the show is the day that repeat what I did when DCI added them.

I haven't gone to a DCI show since.

I know... I know... They don't miss me. But I'll bet the sponsors miss my cash. And I know I'm not alone, because the audiences keep getting smaller and smaller, and the number of corps keeps getting smaller as well.

They are always 6 votes away from any rule change. Who knows, in 2011, DCA could even allow THIS on the field!!! (Must be played with beret on!!!)

ewi_frank.png

I personally doubt that synthesizers are on the horizon, but I could envision the current member corps voting in amplification of the pit. I think there are reasonable arguments for this to help improve the sound of the pit and allow for better technique to be used. I mean, the Bridgemen Alumni even do it!

Save the flames, I don't have a vote or even have any real influence over a vote, so no need to getcher panties in a bunch with me. :blink:

I think you have been misinformed. After 3 years with the corps, and numerous times loading the equipment truck, I have never seen any amps.

We'll be in Allentown Saturday night, come check us out.

HYPE!

The instructors might want them.... but any final vote on the issue, during a rules congress, is up the directors of the DCA member corps. And I would think the cost factor of electronics might be an issue for them.

Edited by Fran Haring

I think you have been misinformed. After 3 years with the corps, and numerous times loading the equipment truck, I have never seen any amps.

We'll be in Allentown Saturday night, come check us out.

HYPE!

the Bridgemen pit used amps at DCA for at least two years,..................right Liz?

All I know is, I am OUT the day that DCA allows Vuvuzelas. :tongue:

Heck... that's when I'm back in!!!!! :blink:

Edited by Fran Haring