Cadets Change Show

Is it true they broke out the bunny suit for Jeffery?

'Not sure if the town of " Jeffery " was even on the Cadets tour schedule this year.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the rookie talk really applies when it involves the top 5-6. A very low percentage of those are rookies to drum corps and if they are, they are beating out others who marched elsewhere in the auditions.

Exactly. It's like saying that when Brett Favre arrived with the Minnesota Vikings, he was " a rookie " with them.

well... yes.... technically he WAS a rookie with the Vikings when he got there.

Exactly. It's like saying that when Brett Favre arrived with the Minnesota Vikings, he was " a rookie " with them.

well... yes.... technically he WAS a rookie with the Vikings when he got there.

Except, how many "rookies" are used to marching a Cadets-type show? This year may not be as hard as others, but still.

Except, how many "rookies" are used to marching a Cadets-type show? This year may not be as hard as others, but still.

I'm not knocking the Cadets.. nor the fact they have a lot of new and younger marchers this year. They have done a super job this year, and I really like their show. I just wanted to add some perspective on this " rookie " talk that's all, 2000Cadet. Lets face it.. there are Cadets "rookies ".... and then there are Jersey Surf " rookies ".You know what I'm sayin' ?

Edited by BRASSO

Am I correct in assuming rookies to the Cadets, but not to drum corps?

Obviously some are complete rookies, but are all?

Actually no. Especially this year, many have never marched corps before.

Actually no. Especially this year, many have never marched corps before.

It's like you, jts5032 : you were a " rookie" with Jersey Surf in 2003... then 6 years later in 2009, You became a " rookie" with The Cadets.

Edited by BRASSO

I'm not knocking the Cadets.. nor the fact they have a lot of new and younger marchers this year. They have done a super job this year, and I really like their show. I just wanted to add some perspective on this " rookie " talk that's all, 2000Cadet. Lets face it.. there are Cadets "rookies ".... and then there are Jersey Surf " rookies ".You know what I'm sayin' ?

I wasn't saying you were knocking Cadets. I was just saying many have never marched Cadet-type drill. It's just like when I was a rookie of Cadets in 1999. I marched 3 other corps before them, but I had never marched Cadet-type drill. All I'm saying is it's a huge adjustment.

It's like you, jts5032 : you were a " rookie" with Jersey Surf in 2003... then 6 years later in 2009, You became a " rookie" with The Cadets.

Oh please, I don't tick...I was just in high school and couldn't do a full tour... :thumbdown:

I see your point...but honestly and truly, there are a large number of TRUE rookies this year.

I wasn't saying you were knocking Cadets. I was just saying many have never marched Cadet-type drill. It's just like when I was a rookie of Cadets in 1999. I marched 3 other corps before them, but I had never marched Cadet-type drill. All I'm saying is it's a huge adjustment.

I understand... and can appreciate the adjustment that needs to be made to reach this level of excellence. I think you also understand my point that when we say The Cadets " rookies " there are HUGE differences in that term than with lots of other Corps when they say they likewise have lots of new " rookies" in their ranks in a given year... that's all.

Edited by BRASSO

I understand... and can appreciate the adjustment that needs to be made to reach this level of excellence. I think you also understand my point that when we say The Cadets " rookies " there are HUGE differences in that term than with lots of other Corps when they say they likewise have lots of new " rookies" in their ranks in a given year... that's all.

Trust me, I understand completely.