Cadets Change Show

Not trying to be negative, but I absolutely loved their show all season until Atlanta where they added that stupid "talking" section on the drum major podium. That just killed it for me. Let's hope George pulls a 2008 and nixes that part also. I sure hope so...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to be negative, but I absolutely loved their show all season until Atlanta where they added that stupid "talking" section on the drum major podium. That just killed it for me. Let's hope George pulls a 2008 and nixes that part also. I sure hope so...

It's out, cardman.

A little history lesson please.

Has any drum corps changed their guard uniforms this close to the end of the season or at any time during a season? Just curious.

Now that you mention it, the only other example I can think of is Crown ditching the pink togas in 2001.

Along those same lines, Pioneer took possession of their new Mapex battery - that's something that also rarely happens mid-season.

Mike

Has any drum corps changed their guard uniforms this close to the end of the season or at any time during a season? Just curious.

I don't think it was quite this close, though it at least over halfway through the season, but SCV '92 completely redid their Fiddler on the Roof show at least once. The guard originally had some sort of more theme-related outfits, and they eventually ended with simple black dresses/white collars.

OH, I think they did that in the '90 Carmen show too - started out with red, very traditional Spanish outfits and ended with the va-va-va-voom white unitards with a black shawl over the lower portion.

They seemed to be plagued by costume indecision back then :thumbdown:

Sky Ryders in 1983 changed their guard uniforms during the season. I think it was minor change like just their shirts and vests. I don't know how close to finals they did that but it was after Whitewater I'm pretty sure.