Cadets Change Show

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha, love your signature. "Mesa Cadet! I love you, Annie! I'm all sparkly glowie! YAYYYY"

Bluecoats 1992 changed their guard uniforms in the middle of the season, but not this close to the end of it. I think it was after 1st tour.

Geez, that picture in your signature is hilarious lol...

I can definitely see why they are going to change them.....the bleeding of the pink undershirts was/is pretty bad! You can actually see it has stained the flags as well! Are they getting totally new ones (design wise) or just new pants so they look sharp for finals week?

I can definitely see why they are going to change them.....the bleeding of the pink undershirts was/is pretty bad! You can actually see it has stained the flags as well! Are they getting totally new ones (design wise) or just new pants so they look sharp for finals week?

Indications are they are a totally new design - much needed, IMO. In the last few shows it looked like they had the pink shirts on the outside of the bib pants instead of under, in an attempt to mask the bleedy mess before they get their new ones. From the rehearsal vid yesterday, it looks like they're putting in some new multicolor flags too, to break up some of the maroon and gold.

Indications are they are a totally new design - much needed, IMO. In the last few shows it looked like they had the pink shirts on the outside of the bib pants instead of under, in an attempt to mask the bleedy mess before they get their new ones. From the rehearsal vid yesterday, it looks like they're putting in some new multicolor flags too, to break up some of the maroon and gold.

Funny that you mentioned that because that's exactly what I thought!

Not trying to be negative, but I absolutely loved their show all season until Atlanta where they added that stupid "talking" section on the drum major podium. That just killed it for me. Let's hope George pulls a 2008 and nixes that part also. I sure hope so...

You know, this is the way I always thought corps were supposed to experiment, which I have no problem with. Put something in, see how the scores go, take it out, again check scores. The problem Cadets had a few years ago was a blind commitment to leaving talk in, despite strong negative fan reaction.

Nice to see Cadets pursue real goals to improve scores, instead of arbitrary concepts which only their staff care about.

Edited by wvu80

WOOT!!! This is such an awesome year! I love so many of the shows, it's ridiculous. :smile::thumbup::music:

WORD! :confused::whistle:

This is one DVD I'm going to pre-order. This year reminds me of why I love Drum Corps. I can't really figure out why people think it's slipping down the drain with this group of shows.