Three Year Winning Percentage

A question for you DCI historians out there...what is the highest three year winning percentage in DCI history?

For 2008, 2009, and so far thru 2010....BD has a total record of 68-2 (and if you add BDB into it, the BD organization is a combined 102-4).

I was just wondering if we are witnessing an unprecidented situation.

equally impressive (to me at least) is that if Phantom hadn't displayed that amazing performance in 2008 (one of my favs of all time, btw)

then BD would have been looking at the possibility of back-to-back-to-back-to-back Championships...if you included 2007.

I'm amazed at the consistant level of excellence.

Cali.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

equally impressive (to me at least) is that if Phantom hadn't displayed that amazing performance in 2008 (one of my favs of all time, btw)

then BD would have been looking at the possibility of back-to-back-to-back-to-back Championships...if you included 2007.

Ah yes, what should have happened.

Tough to say. You never know how motivated they might/might not have been if they'd won in 08, how different their programing choices or roster of membership might have been, or for that matter how Phantom or others might have reacted to that win and how they might have responded in 09 if that had happened.

In any case, they are DEFINITELY kicking everyone's butts these last few years. No question about it.

Most definitely.

While maybe not as amazing as these past 3 years, the Blue Devils' run from 1994-1997 was pretty crazy. They went 103-7 over those 4 years.

1994 - 28-0

1995 - 21-3

1996 - 27-2

1997 - 27-2

Edited by Tez

While maybe not as amazing as these past 3 years, the Blue Devils' run from 1994-1997 was pretty crazy. They went 103-7 over those 4 years.

1994 - 28-0

1995 - 21-3

1996 - 27-2

1997 - 27-2

I think they didnt lose till quarters-ish in 98. Probably a few more wins in there....

Could you guys please stop talking about how good BD is?

You're gonna jinx it for me.

I think the plethora of complaints a out BD's design, how they're getting over scored, and the constant reminder of "don't forget 88, 95, 08' etc" might cancel out your fears of a jinx. :blink:

A question for you DCI historians out there...what is the highest three year winning percentage in DCI history?

For 2008, 2009, and so far thru 2010....BD has a total record of 68-2 (and if you add BDB into it, the BD organization is a combined 102-4).

I was just wondering if we are witnessing an unprecidented situation.

Cali.

Hey Cali, good to hear from you again. I, too, am amazed at the level of excellence in BD. It is even more impressive when you consider that their competition is motivated, excellent, and talented!

I think the plethora of complaints a out BD's design, how they're getting over scored, and the constant reminder of "don't forget 88, 95, 08' etc" might cancel out your fears of a jinx. :blink:

Oh yeah, I forgot - when the BD bashers are out in full force WE WIN!