Do They Teach Geography in Ohio?

40292_1551279780220_1181884753_31624320_8221227_n.jpg

If it's not on the standardized tests, it doesn't get taught!

40292_1551279780220_1181884753_31624320_8221227_n.jpg

Sounds like a case of someone being confused: JSU Spirit, Spirit, Spirit of Atlanta. All are names that this corps has gone by in the past.

The organization has been based in Alabama very recently, and used to be associated with Jackson State University in Northeast Alabama.

Perhaps the person inputting data into the scoreboard was familiar with this history but hasn't kept up with recent events.

It does seem that current information on each corps should be sent in advance of a show and that the event staff read this information.

To answer the thread title - Yes, they DID. :thumbdown:

Edited by jjeffeory

*shakes head* I've lived in Ohio all my life. This is embarrassing.

There were shows all the time when I marched with them that we were called Spirit of Atlanta, or Spirit from Jacksonville, Florida, or whatever. It happens.

That is the second time this season I've seen or heard Spirit announced as being from Atlanta, at least the first time they said Georgia. Still wrong but better than that!

The organization has been based in Alabama very recently, and used to be associated with Jackson State University in Northeast Alabama.

Spirit was associated with Jacksonville State University in Alabama. Jackson State is in Mississippi.